Aldi bike stuff

aforestfan

Likes Bikes
I got a pair of aldi bike shorts last year & there the best pair of bike shorts I own....
Wear them on most rides & there still like new, Must admit I don't like the inners but for $25 you cant complain.
Brought another pair this year & there a bit thinner than last year (But great for summer) & the inners have gone in the bin again...
Lets hope there has good as last years....

aforestfan

Likes Bikes
I bought 2 pairs of the lined shorts.
Seem to be pretty good quality. Outer layer is a stretchy material. the liner is very similar to my Endura liners with a nice pad. Liner is only attached to the shorts at the back.
There is a zipped pocket on the lower leg that is perfect for my Otter Boxed phone.

I got XL (i'm a 38" waist) and they are a snug/tight fit. I think this is how they are supposed to be worn though.
Going riding today so I will report back how they go.
I got a pair of aldi bike shorts last year & there the best pair of bike shorts I own....
Wear them on most rides & there still like new, Must admit I don't like the inners but for $25 you cant complain.
Brought another pair this year & there a bit thinner than last year (But great for summer) & the inners have gone in the bin again...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Have both those pairs, the first liner is good, red chamois I think, the second gen ones were poo. Wear the shorts around the house and XC only now, since getting NZO shorts.

Wore them yesterday at Majura and they were great. Barely noticed them and found them very comfortable.
A friend bought the same size (XL) and is the same pant size as me (38") and he said they are too tight for him. I suppose it comes down to personal preference.

I actually like the liner. The pad is a great fit against the lightweight saddle I currently use.

stirk

Burner
Had to get the shorts, they look good and are a nice fit. Velcro fastener for the waist is better than an expensive pair of shorts I have which just have a broken clip now. Liner padding looked crap but the rest of it is mesh which would be nice in summer.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Had to get the shorts, they look good and are a nice fit. Velcro fastener for the waist is better than an expensive pair of shorts I have which just have a broken clip now. Liner padding looked crap but the rest of it is mesh which would be nice in summer.
yeah, these aldi shorts are friggen awesome for the money. beat my alpinestars by a huge margin, and more comfy than my race face shorts.

only real minus is the lack of pockets. has the perfect amount for riding, I only keep the phone in the pocket, but I like to keep my keys there before and after the ride.

got another 2 pairs this time, a little thinner than the last set but same cut and better for summer I guess.

those gloves they have look like utter shyte though!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Saw the roof rack bike thing in action yesterday. It is good for the cash. May require a little love if you want years of service, but most products do.

Ideate

Saw the roof rack bike thing in action yesterday. It is good for the cash.
CyclingDeal have always had these types of racks for under $100. I had some but they were too wavey and loose for my liking. They've got a new revision of that design going now that doesn't need the wind-up knob on the other side which seems more direct and simplistic (for the better) plus it's only $89.

YT-85832.jpg

I actually want to make one of these for two bikes on the roof. They've got them for $195 but I reckon I could jig one up for about $50.

SBC-902.jpg

nzdans

Likes Dirt
Long work hours mean I didn't get to the supermarket until midday today.. Despite dropping over 20kg in the last 3 months I don't fit an L size top, doh.. Bought L & XL knicks, L knicks worked for me, did a quick roady in them tonight.. so so, will wear them again. Also picked up XL bro-ride shorts, haven't even taken them out of the packet yet. Visited 3 x Aldis this arvo to try and find an XL top, meh... think I'll go Ground Effect.

Major revelation though, the track pump is different this year so I grabbed one, it's done two tyres to 110psi so far and has pretty impressive volume. Lock on head is a bit of a PITA but hey.. I like the luxury of having one track pump in the house, one in the garage.

stirk

Burner
Long work hours mean I didn't get to the supermarket until midday today.. Despite dropping over 20kg in the last 3 months I don't fit an L size top, doh.. Bought L & XL knicks, L knicks worked for me, did a quick roady in them tonight.. so so, will wear them again. Also picked up XL bro-ride shorts, haven't even taken them out of the packet yet. Visited 3 x Aldis this arvo to try and find an XL top, meh... think I'll go Ground Effect.

Major revelation though, the track pump is different this year so I grabbed one, it's done two tyres to 110psi so far and has pretty impressive volume. Lock on head is a bit of a PITA but hey.. I like the luxury of having one track pump in the house, one in the garage.
You like waste.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Bike stuff was down an aisle at Queenbean Aldi I never go down, so glad I saw this thread this morning. Shorts and a road jersey duly procured.

Aldi also have some oatmeal bars that are awesome riding snacks - not too sweet and easy on the tum when doing long rides.

nzdans

Likes Dirt
Aldi also have some oatmeal bars that are awesome riding snacks - not too sweet and easy on the tum when doing long rides.
Have been noshing on many of the Aldi snack bars (can't help myself when I see made in NZ), pondering if these are rebadged Mother Earth bars..

Ideate

There's heaps of bike stands at the Aldi near my work. Mustn't be as many bike mechanics in that area?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bike stuff was down an aisle at Queenbean Aldi I never go down, so glad I saw this thread this morning. Shorts and a road jersey duly procured.

Have been noshing on many of the Aldi snack bars (can't help myself when I see made in NZ), pondering if these are rebadged Mother Earth bars..
I think you guys are onto something...I've been thinking the same thing for a while. Love both of them in the white chic raspberry flavour. Also the yoghurt strawberry (mother earth). They have kept me going on many a ride.

stirk

Burner
I think you guys are onto something...I've been thinking the same thing for a while. Love both of them in the white chic raspberry flavour. Also the yoghurt strawberry (mother earth). They have kept me going on many a ride.
Mmm white chic rasberry flavor, yummo.