Aldi bike stuff

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
bought one of the bike repair stands... found that the plastic spacer on the legs had snapped... doesn't cause any issues...

The clamp head does rotate to the point where the seatpost reaches a horizontal position. This does mean the front wheel is low, but find if you raise the stand a little.
the clamp mechanism is plastic and does concern me a little that it twists, but no damage will occur even if it breaks.
So I've bought a second one to mount to the wall, and as spare parts in case it breaks. I nearly bought a $300+ pro stand, but I figure this should last me.

As long as it doesn't break it is VERY stable. Has a decent footprint, and pretty bottom heavy - all good things.

stirk

Burner
Bike stuff available again Wednesday 9th March.

I'll get some more shorts, they are better than some $100+ jobies out there.

The saddle bags look like they would make good camping/car travelling organisers. Not so sure about the bike valet, (stand) but I do need one for the kids bikes and scooters.

GazzaPops

Likes Bikes
I was looking at the catalogue the other day and was wondering about the 1000 lumen lights. Have they been offered previously?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Bike stuff available again Wednesday 9th March.

I'll get some more shorts, they are better than some $100+ jobies out there.

The saddle bags look like they would make good camping/car travelling organisers. Not so sure about the bike valet, (stand) but I do need one for the kids bikes and scooters.

Bad product line up this year, like they lost their buyer with an idea.

nzdans

Likes Dirt
I'm up for their merino shirts, got one of their long sleeved merino tops last time around; it is a very good clone of my Ground Effect garment, excellent quality.

DJR

Likes Dirt
Y u no stock workstand this time round Aldi?? :twitch:

Sunnies look cheap as spares for the car though, as cheap as safety glasses, and the shorts look OK esp as you get a removable liner with pad as well

Not sure i trust the 1000 lumen rating or supposed 3 hr burn time on that light though

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought the bike led light set this morning for $30 for my commuter. Looks decent quality, lights are bright and charge from USB.

I was at Aldi when it opened this morning and the bike stuff was getting snapped up straight away!

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm gonna pop my Aldi cherry today and check out the bike gear. But while I'm there, what's their alcohol like? Seems too cheap to be any good.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'm gonna pop my Aldi cherry today and check out the bike gear. But while I'm there, what's their alcohol like? Seems too cheap to be any good.
Wife seems to like it. She has a wide-on for the cans of cider at the moment. Apparently their Corona knock off is exactly the same as the legit stuff, but that's swill anyway.

They occasionally have brand name beer there, and it's usually at least 5% cheaper than the big boys. Our local currently has cartons of Stella @ $40.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They were selling Monteith's beer and cider recently...not a bad drop from NZ! My oldies buy the cheap wine from there...and it's actually not that bad!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
They were selling Monteith's beer and cider recently...not a bad drop from NZ! My oldies buy the cheap wine from there...and it's actually not that bad!
The wine is drinkable, but stay away from the keeper's glove (armpit?) port. might be ok for cooking with, but that's about it.

scblack

Leucocholic
Its hit and miss. I'd say Dan Murphys would be better value.

I like to drink sauvignon blanc. Oyster Bay is great, but comparatively expensive ($12-$18). So I generally buy a Dan Murphys cleanskin Margaret River Semillon sav blanc for $8 - its 95% as good as Oyster Bay for my ultra-professional palate. Aldi have a $10 one which is OK, but not as good as the Dan's cleanskin.

Beer - Dan's generally have something the same price as Aldi stuff, depending on personal taste.

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Me and a mate went today on lunch break, nabbed a pair of shorts and the pump, will report, pump feels solid, not so keen on the gauge and how accurate it will be. the shorts for $30 were a steal, even just for the liner (removable)