2011 Victorian Enduro Series

paggnr

Likes Dirt
is the Entry Zone site working? It states that only 8 people have entered all up. That cannot be right!:mmph:

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
Now you see the concern.
Only a week out and so few entrants.

This is a big thing for a small club, any club, to take on.
Being part of a series that has seen good attendance figures at every other round you would think it to be a fairly safe call to take up the vacant round.
There`s over $3000 worth of prizes and giveaways up for grabs.

As for the track, as mentioned earlier it is a very exposed hill, but I wouldn`t think of it as a boring ride through the paddock. If you aren`t climbing you are going down....fast. The decent from the summit runs for 2.4 k`s at an average of -6% gradient. Some have claimed to have cracked 50+ kph. I know I`ve hit the high 40`s.
It`s quite different to all the other courses in the series. I think that`s a good thing for any series, a bit of variety.

Hope to see more of you there.
Cheers
MH

akashra

Eats Squid
You say that seemingly trying to make it out like it's a good thing. At the end of a 6hr race, the last thing I want to be doing is 50km/h through rocks.

MBPL

Banned
It is mountain biking - negativity about a great venue and club that is busting it's guts to provide mountain bikers an event - is a disgrace.
The Goulburn Valley MTB Club need and deserve support.,

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
Grow up. We know that you like to take everything I say and then whinge about it cowardly, as you do, from behind your keyboard, and then to in the same post complain about taking grudges - once again you prove you're too stupid to make a point without resorting to personal insults. It's clear from this and many of your other posts that you have absolutely no idea about a number of things that go in to running events, including maintaining a suitable, enjoyable, and safe course for all out there in the target audience.

Seems from here you're doing as much negative whinging, if not more, and have no idea what goes on behind the scenes given your complete inability to see the initial point and problem raised.

Baby Animal

Likes Bikes
I agree, use the brake levers on the handlebars..... Ride within your limits and stop being so negative... Looking forward to racing the last round of the Vic series. It's been an awesome series and all the clubs have done there best.....

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Hi guys

I wish you the best luck for your race.
We would love to come up and race but due to a couple of injuries and a work commitment looks like we can't make it.
Really hope you have a great race and thanks for putting it on.
best of luck.

I agree, use the brake levers on the handlebars..... Ride within your limits and stop being so negative... Looking forward to racing the last round of the Vic series. It's been an awesome series and all the clubs have done there best.....
I agree too. Part of the appeal of a series is the variety in tracks- just because 50km/h is possible doesn't mean it's compulsory.

akashra

Eats Squid
I agree too. Part of the appeal of a series is the variety in tracks- just because 50km/h is possible doesn't mean it's compulsory.
That's right.
Try telling that to a rider who *is* doing 50km/h and who can only selfishly think of someone else spoiling their fun and complaining because a slower rider is taking it cautiously, trying not to cramp up after 5 hours riding solo so far on a section that doesn't loan itself to safe passing, just wanting to complete that personal challenge of getting through a 6 hour.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Settle kids :)
hopefully there will be a few more people turn up, wish the date didn't clash with our other plans... the long weekend is a tough date to organize a race.

Baby Animal

Likes Bikes
Variety of the tracks have been awesome and i envy the guys and girls doing six hours solo, the variety attracts me to the sport as it's not just the same boring easy terrain at each race..... it's hard to please everyone and different people have different terrain they do well on... As they say in Riders briefing if the terrain is too hard walk that part you can't do or feel confident to ride safely or don't ride at all. i've walked sections at the Yowie i couldn't ride up on the second lap. Looking forward to hitting the speeds that you guys are talking about, should keep everyone on there toe's....

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
So Tim, are you going to be racing or is the complete lack of fire roads and scary speeds on single track too much?

Thanks for the negative comments.
I`m glad you are the minority, and in so many ways.

The atmosphere and enthusiasm shown by everybody involved in the 2 rounds that I`ve been able to attended (Bendigo and Castlmaine) has been incredible. For the record, I`m the noisy bugger standing out the back of the course at the marshal`s station with that annoying clapper. I would have ridden in both those events if it wasn`t for injuries inflicted upon me at Mt Major, so this weekend is something of a personal challenge.

There will be people at Mt Major this Sunday riding for 6 hours regardless of how many enter (hell, I`m still looking at a podium finish).
The weather forecast this far out is looking really good.

Cheers
MH

akashra

Eats Squid
So Tim, are you going to be racing or is the complete lack of fire roads and scary speeds on single track too much?
No, I have two other events to choose from this Sunday.
You still seem to have missed the point, unfortunately even after it was spelt out - I'm not worried about myself, I know how to ride within my own limits (and in fact a lot of the time I *can* ride this way much to some peoples disbelief, I just choose not to take the risk). It's the other idiots out there who think they can safely pass but can't who end up clipping other riders at these kinds of speeds, which I've seen numerous times in the last five years. When you have such a variety of the skill level of riders on course, and both simultaneously the good and bad attitude riders out on course, it just leads to headaches (and scrapes).

Any event organiser with half a clue recognises this.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
And you missed the point in the first place.
My comments addressed the mention earlier about the track being a ride through paddocks (which was edited and clarified).
I merely wanted to point out that it was not and that it was .....
oh what the hell.
Your an idiot.
.....and now so am i for biting.