2011 Victorian Enduro Series

red gum

Likes Dirt
:decision:See you there bundy, time to give spark a good work out first big race on it what tyres are you rideing on and don,t say round ones

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
The fat lady hasn`t sung yet.

2 points separating the top 2 Solo Women (both enterd).
16 points between the top 2 men`s pairs (only saw 1 entered so far)
Any of the top 5 men`s pairs could take out the series by just turning up.
Minor places in the women`s pairs is still undecided as well as the minor places in the mixed pairs.
Solo Men`s 1 and 2 is pretty much sorted but the last step could still go to a few different riders.
Same story again with the 40+.

My point?

8 (7) rounds done and dusted and the series is still alive, even with the low number of riders entered in the final round.
But it`s not too late. You can still enter at the track on Saturday arvo.

Cheers
MH

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
Hey Red Gum l will be riding on BLACK round tyres ;) Ha ha mate l will have a set of Maxxis monorails on, they have been one of the best tyres l have used at Mount Major.

red gum

Likes Dirt
:decision:Been out today the place is looking great ,Should be some good times set don,t miss out you can do rego on sat arvo between 2 and 5 pm and have a practice lap. Be there or be square.:clap2:

red gum

Likes Dirt
Had 2 mm of rain last night .The sun is out and blue sky. Tracks would be dry by now see you all out at the hill

Bundy boy

Likes Dirt
The track is nice and dry, no mud woo hoo :) The small amount of rain last night settled the dust a bit.
Go team Bundy and Cola.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Well our first enduro event went very well. There a couple of thing we can improve on, like having some Jelly Beans to go with the Snakes at the top of the hill and get some smaller sized t-shirts.

I did very well. With all those kilo's of snakes in front of me, I only had one snake all day and that was at the end of the day. It had some fluff on it and I couldn't waste it.

There were plenty of happy faces at the the end. For such a small called hill, it throws a good punch and surprised quite a few. It even surprised me at how good the track was. Saturday was the first time I had complete a full lap of Major Pain and I enjoyed it thoroughly. All my other attempts to ride it had ended miserably. All the coo-dose goes to Camo for all the hours he has done to get the track ready. Great Job Camo.

I would like to thank Rusell (timing) for all his help. Would have been lost without it. The girls in the rego/timing tent for all the help. The rest of the club member who helped get the event ready and do the odd jobs during the day.

Lastly I would like to thank all the competitors that turned up and made the weekend very enjoyable and I hope you all had a good time.

Till next time.

Cheers

Ant

P.S: If you have any feed back on what we can do to improve the event, send me an email to info@gvmtbc.com

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
Just a quick question, as Goldcross Cycles was the major sponsor, how many events did they turn up to.

They asked if they could be tech support at our event. We said yes and they didn't turn up.

What is the criteria to be a title sponsor. I thought turning up to each event would be the least. I am only stating what I see. Coming from the Vic downhill scene, the major title sponsor is present at all the rounds of the series. Their banners are present at the rounds and also at the podium presentations.

Even the second tear sponsors are present at all rounds.

throwback

Likes Bikes
Just a quick question, as Goldcross Cycles was the major sponsor, how many events did they turn up to.

They asked if they could be tech support at our event. We said yes and they didn't turn up.

What is the criteria to be a title sponsor. I thought turning up to each event would be the least. I am only stating what I see. Coming from the Vic downhill scene, the major title sponsor is present at all the rounds of the series. Their banners are present at the rounds and also at the podium presentations.

Even the second tear sponsors are present at all rounds.
Quite right! and even more than that, I saw nothing at the event to even tell anyone it was part of a series. The event organisers did a great job of putting on the race but surely the series organisers should have also been there putting up VES banners and being generally visible and involved as well?

Maybe even the series presentations should have happened as well or if nothing else a few words at the end. It was the last race of the series after all.

Dare I even ask about the whereabouts of the final series results and does anyone know if there is a plan to even have presentations or are series winners just going to get a prize in the mail? I have to say that would be a bit lame wouldn't it?

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
why not run it next year?

Quite right! and even more than that, I saw nothing at the event to even tell anyone it was part of a series. The event organisers did a great job of putting on the race but surely the series organisers should have also been there putting up VES banners and being generally visible and involved as well?

Maybe even the series presentations should have happened as well or if nothing else a few words at the end. It was the last race of the series after all.

Dare I even ask about the whereabouts of the final series results and does anyone know if there is a plan to even have presentations or are series winners just going to get a prize in the mail? I have to say that would be a bit lame wouldn't it?
I am not one of the organizers just a competitor but I do know that the sponsorship issue was a huge problem. With many of the clubs having sponsorship deals with bike shops, equip manufactures, food suppliers and bike brands,
it was really hard to settle on a series sponsor. There were quite a few offers from companies offering more money but most of them were rejected.
Here is a hypothetical example. Meridia offers 20000 for the series and one of the clubs is sponsored by Giant so they then veto the sponsorship deal.
If you are a local bike shop that supports/ runs your local club, would you want tech support at the event from another shop?
For the series to have a major sponsor that all the clubs would be happy with, they would need to be out side the bike industry

I thought the series was fantastic let focus on that , however for next year improvements in result updates are a must.

maybe you could put yourself up as the series cord for next year. It is easy to get on here and complain, one year running the series may change your view. It is a great series and it needs a good "co ord" give it a go.

serowe

Likes Dirt
maybe you could put yourself up as the series cord for next year. It is easy to get on here and complain, one year running the series may change your view. It is a great series and it needs a good "co ord" give it a go.
Be careful what you ask for after the debacle at the start of this year.

As I mentioned in another thread, I played with the points on Monday and this is what I believe it should be - the problem it now presents is that, under the rules for the series, only 4 categories can have more than 1st place awarded, one category can't even be awarded 1st place (!!!) and no one has come forward to say what can/will happen!

My points version can be found here.*

That PDF allocates positions based on the series rules (best 6 rounds, must have competed in 4 rounds and must have 3 or more competitors in the category to be recognised) - anyone not complying with the 4 or more rounds is shown as N/E (Not Eligible) and then sorted in order of points received.

And, before anyone jumps on me about this - it is based on PUBLISHED results, so unless there was 'secret coordinators business' taking place and adjusting the results, I believe they are accurate; this spreadsheet took about 4 hours to do starting from a blank sheet - as the poiints had been done up to the penultimate round anyone doing them should have had, at most, 45-60 minutes work if they were half competent (OK, I'll get blasted for that - but it's a serious statement).

And finally - no they are NOT 'Official Points' - one of the loudest complaints from one particular rider to me earlier this year was that last year points and results 'weren't made available' - wasn't true but hey, why let facts get in the way of a good complaint? But I seem to have been seeing this happen this year and, whilst some numbers were up, overall, it is obvious the retention rate is way way down (that is the number of riders seriously taking part in the series). Individual events are popular, but not the series....why?

* Corrected Mike Back's Bendigo results - fat fingers :)

Last edited: