1 or 2 finger??

Do you use 1 or 2 fingers for braking??

• Total voters

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the navi 8 pot moto calipers are some of the most awesome brakes i've ever used.
guy i used to race with had a set like 8 years ago i think it was. there still isn't much to touch them now.
if the MTB version is half as good, it's going to revolutionise calipers.

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
i run Shimano BRm-525 mech disc, pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things and i use one finger for front and one for back. i used to use middle for both, but that gave me some wrist troubles so now i use index and after about 2 months of index finger i can say that its about 10 times better. i can get just as much power out of it, and you have so much more control on your bars, what i used to do with the middle finger when i bunnyhopped or just yanked back i would brake check and land with both wheels stopped (not locked), which is not a good thing

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
i run Shimano BRm-525 mech disc, pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things and i use one finger for front and one for back. i used to use middle for both, but that gave me some wrist troubles so now i use index and after about 2 months of index finger i can say that its about 10 times better. i can get just as much power out of it, and you have so much more control on your bars, what i used to do with the middle finger when i bunnyhopped or just yanked back i would brake check and land with both wheels stopped (not locked), which is not a good thing

naz

Criminally Inane
oh haha 1 finger
run my levers as far into the bars as possy..on pro tapers there an inch n a bit from the grip....they get in the farkin way if there ne closer n skinny bars to go wit

naz

Criminally Inane
oh haha 1 finger
run my levers as far into the bars as possy..on pro tapers there an inch n a bit from the grip....they get in the farkin way if there ne closer n skinny bars to go wit

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thinking about it, i'd 1 finger ranging to a whole fist depending on what i'm riding, but someone might takeit the wrong way and get offended.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thinking about it, i'd 1 finger ranging to a whole fist depending on what i'm riding, but someone might takeit the wrong way and get offended.

fastrider gus

super huck
lupine128 said:
:lol: yea i think i saw something like that on the net...

fastrider gus

super huck
lupine128 said:
:lol: yea i think i saw something like that on the net...

::RideSiK::

Pro Rider
i ride one finger back 2 fingers front
thats beacsue my brakes needed re bleeding andare getting that done as we speak
well maybe not at night but the bikes in he shop now
then i think it will be 1x1

i think its helpfull if you learn how to do this just for the bit mroe control you will et as more fingers are on the bar instead of the lever

::RideSiK::

Pro Rider
i ride one finger back 2 fingers front
thats beacsue my brakes needed re bleeding andare getting that done as we speak
well maybe not at night but the bikes in he shop now
then i think it will be 1x1

i think its helpfull if you learn how to do this just for the bit mroe control you will et as more fingers are on the bar instead of the lever

Darkness

Rotting Corpse Films
i think that with two fingers you can feel more confident of pulling the lever right in. it all depends on how much play you have in your brakes. me? plenty!

Darkness

Rotting Corpse Films
i think that with two fingers you can feel more confident of pulling the lever right in. it all depends on how much play you have in your brakes. me? plenty!

S.

ex offender
lupine128 said:
Whole fist?! I think your, uh, brakes need tightening....

S.

ex offender
lupine128 said:
Whole fist?! I think your, uh, brakes need tightening....

dickyknee

Likes Dirt
i am just starting to use one as i find it give you more grip on the bars , ,but am still only running v on back so i some times need to grab the left with two or even four .

dickyknee

Likes Dirt
i am just starting to use one as i find it give you more grip on the bars , ,but am still only running v on back so i some times need to grab the left with two or even four .

brad_ac2

Likes Bikes
i use 1 finger. the reason for this is because i feel more comfortable with 4 fingers on the grip, compared to 3.

brad_ac2

Likes Bikes
i use 1 finger. the reason for this is because i feel more comfortable with 4 fingers on the grip, compared to 3.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
brad_ac2 said:
EDIT: You have 5 fingers...? AND a thumb?! :p