1 or 2 finger??

Do you use 1 or 2 fingers for braking??

• Total voters

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Do you use 1 or 2 fingers for braking??

i use 2 but everyone else i know uses 1 !!

i should atleast try riding with 1 for a while !!

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2 fingers for me. I find it way eaisyer to break with 2 fingers. I have v's thoguh so until i get my new bike with hydros it's 2 fingers for me.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i always have 1 finger resting on the brake levers and they handle most braking duties, though when it gets more critical, the 2 fingers step in...

DOM

Eats Squid
depends on ya brakes.

On my bike .. I have a Armour rear hydro .. with a Hayes Mag on the front .. the Mag lever was kinda tough for me to bring in .. so it was 2 front braking 1 rear.

But then i rode a DH bike with 8" Rotors on Hayes HFX Hydro Brakes ... it was all 1 finger from there.

Hopefully my new bike which has Hayes Purple Hydro's with 8" rotors will allow me to do the same.

If you can ride DH with Deore Vee's 1 finger hahah give me a buzz haha.

Depends on the brakes fella's.

Ty

Eats Squid
as dom said it depends on what your setup, on my Planet X with maguras i always used one finger but that was very slow technical riding but for downhill for some reason i use 2 fingers for my back brake and one for my front just because that feels more natural.

do what ever you fell like, and if you go one finger which finger would you use? your index or middle?

timmyDH

i use 1 and it's always the middle.

i used to go 2 fingers when i was on the bike a couple of years ago because i didn't have enough hand strength to go 1. i've been back on the bike now for a couple of months after a 2 year holiday and i'm only using 1 finger.

still the same brakes (formula hydros) but i think i'm a bit stronger now. i'm going faster so i'm not complaining.

do whatever makes you go fast (no brakes maybe)

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
kalem said:
i always have 1 finger resting on the brake levers and they handle most braking duties, though when it gets more critical, the 2 fingers step in...
exactly as me

zen_rider

Likes Dirt
i have avid 6" mechanicals

i use my just my middle finger on each.... would like to upgrade front rotor to a 8", so i can use my index finger and get a bit more control of the bars...

although it works pretty good now with the shifting - middle on brake, index on upshift (or is that downshift?)

one day i'll get a set of those avid hydros....hell yeah

Gonzo

Likes Dirt
I use one at first, then when i start getting really bad arm pump i have to use my whole bloody hand just to stop. I do have hydro discs though

stylinruss

Likes Dirt
DOM said:
If you can ride DH with Deore Vee's 1 finger hahah give me a buzz haha.

Depends on the brakes fella's.
I have been running deore levers with cheap avid v-brakes on my hardtail and doing a bit of DH (NSW state round@ Dargle and NSW state titles) on it recently and I still just use 1 finger braking.