Search results

1. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

too much $$ unfortunately... love it though!
  2. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

I like that!! but only a 30t?!?! I have a 32 NWO now and was thinking of swapping to a 34t NWO with an 11-50 sunrace cassette!
  3. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

Yeah I have pretty much ruled out the Merida, I really don't like the fork and it would need to be stupidly cheaper than Nukeproof to even consider it. I am thinking Dartmoor Primal or the NP scout 290 or Scout 275 depending on what tyres I can fit on each (asked CRC and bike right but no...
  4. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

ok that makes sense, I run a Minion DHF on front and High Roller on the rear now. Fyi I'm 6"4, 95kg and people told me I should be on a 29er when I was ordering my tranny scout. Even though the frame fits me nicely I don't know either, im only 5'11 but I was thinking a 29er would have more...
  5. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

ok.. I know those are tyres, but whats a HR2 and DD aggressor?!??! So update for everyone considering I got heaps of advice and opinions...... I have done the sums and it keeps coming back that buying a frame and building up from there will cost more, yes I know ultimately I will get a better...
  6. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

thanks, it does look like fun, everytime ive tried flicking the rear wheel on mine it moves slightly and rubs! ha-hence why im really liking the 12mm rear axle. I have looked at the ragley too and again its getting hard to get them as CRC are stopping what they post to AUS I think and I cant...
  7. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

Your building an E-Bike?! I keep on coming back to the Nukeproof bikes I was originally looking at and really cant decide which would be better for my riding 29 with 2.35 tyres or the 27.5 with 2.6 tyres... If I get one of those with only 1*10 I will most likely swap the components over...
  8. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

I also saw the Primal from Dartmoor although less travel (can you change the travel in those recon silvers?) it was more within budget and still looks the goods, just not quite as slack HT and a few other bits?!?!
  9. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

Yeah the Dartmoor does have everything I want (and it looks good and has that unique-ness I also like!), except I think it will fall out of budget, once I get the frame ($450), new forks ($600), new wheels ($300). I then have to transfer over everything off my old bike (so no sell) and maybe...
  10. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

The Dartmoor does look very good, but if I get it I will need new rims, forks, BB and cranks and a heap of other stuff and means I wont be able to sell my old to help fund. Im ideally looking for about 140mm on the front of either 29 or 27.5/+.
  11. M

Trail Hardtail Advice

Hi All, ive been on here a few times and got some great advice so... Currently I have a 8yo merida 60D highly customised. (Reba forks, xt 1*11, SLX Brakes, Fox DOSS, usual upgrades of bars, stem, grips, etcm running minion/high roller combo). Recently I have noticed my bike isn't quite up to...
  12. M

To iphone mount or not...

Hi All So once again turning to this awesome forum for some advice... I wouldn't mind taking a couple of vids of a few sections of trail I ride frequently.. just to show some of my non mtb mates what all the fuss is about. I don't really wanna fork out for a gopro that might be used to...
  13. M

Buying advice on 1x11 cassette and Brakes (XT/SLX or Deore M615)

Hi All Well I got my SLX M7000 today in the mail, I haven't put them on but just looking at them these things are awesome. They came with the metal finned pads (no choice) so it will be interesting to see how these pads go with my existing rotors... I have decided to go with xt 1x11 most...
  14. M

Thanks for that really helpful info! Overnight I bit the bullet and bought a set of new SLX M7000 from cyclingexpress.com, $160 for both front and rear incl postage to my door, so I cant complain about that. by the way they have a 40% off deal atm so anything besides bikes, wheels and limited...
  15. M

ok so I was shopping around and I just found a place that I can get a set of front and rear SLX m7000 for $160 delivered to my door... they are specced as rear right lever and front left but since I will prob chop hoses I could swap anyways!.... im thinking $16 for a full set of new SLX M7000 is...
  16. M

Thanks for the replies so far! I had considered buying a groupset but being on a budget will just keep my cranks and front chainring I already have, so that means all I need is new mech, chain, cassette, shifter and possibly cables all of which I can get under $300 AUS plus brakes... I...
  17. M

Hi All Im hoping for some more great advice which I have gotten from here before. I am looking at changing over from my current setup to a 1x11 setup. I am looking at an XT setup for all drivetrain, just not sure on what cassette, should I go for the 'normal' 42t or the massive 46t but I...
  18. M

Advice x3 KS E-ten, Zee 1x10 conversion, wider rims.

ooo... that looks promising!!! So I think I have decided to go 1x11. Will probably end up with XT as long as I can get it reasonably cheap! For the dropper.. I am still undecided, I didn't realise they made 75mm droppers but they are of course more expensive so I really don't know! I...
  19. M

Yeah I get that's how its supposed to be done but I have a 6 year old hardtail and its seat clamp height is pretty high so I only have about 150mm from seat clamp to seat rails...
  20. M

ok so more questions for both eten and reverb: would it hurt it to hardly ever be at max height? Also any issues with storing it upside down/on its side? I have my bike stored vertically against a wall so the seat tub (and shocks too) and facing upside down.