Search results

1. P

Canyon Neuron

Anyone got a current model neuron. How does it handle descents and medium sized jumps? Tossing up between the neuron and a spectral/spectral 125 but not sure if the neuron will stand up to much abuse.
  2. P

Leatt Airflex Stealth and Airfit Lite

Has anyone tried either of these? Looking at them but not sure how hot they will be?
  3. P

Code R vs RSC

My Sender came with Guide RS's but one has started to stick in the lever (when the temperature is warmer) and i feel they are generally a bit underpowered for a DH bike. Most likely looking at Codes to replace them, but is it worth spending the extra $100 for each brake to get RSC's over R's...
  4. P

Fork Seal Idea

Is there any reason fork seals couldn't be threaded (with a grub screw to hold them in place) or have a nut locking them in place? Would make it much easier to remove and put them back in.
  5. P

Brake fluid life span

I have had my Strive for almost 3 years and it that time have never touched the brakes (Guides) as they have always just kept working fine. They are still working fine, but I am thinking that the brake fluid must surely be starting to degrade by now. Is there any issues that will be caused by...
  6. P

Leaking Shock after Service

I have just did an air can service on my monarch plus and now when I go to pump it up, air is leaking out around the top of the debonair air sleeve (end nearest the valve). I have made sure that the sleeve clicks into place, the o-rings are greased up and tried swapping the o-rings around and...
  7. P

Black Hill (Ballarat) Bike Recommendations

Heading to Black Hill for the first time on Saturday. What would every recommend as the better bike for there between a DH and an enduro (160mm)?
  8. P

Seat Tube Angle

Seat tube angle (specifically making them steeper) seems to be the one of the manufacturers big selling point on bikes now. Is the whole basis of this a bit misleading? Assuming that the saddle fore/aft position is set how it has traditionally been set (ie. Sitting on the bike, position one...
  9. P

Gripsport Crank Holder Car Rack Modifications

Has anyone modded one of the gripsport crank holder racks to make the tyre trays longer? I have one, but need to extend the tyre trays a bit so that my bikes (Canyon Sender and Strive) fit in it properly. I have some rough ideas on how too do it, but just wanted to see if someone else has...
  10. P

Rockshox Reverb Issues

Has any one else tried the "cycling the dropper post whilst the bike is upside down" so called fix to fix sag issues in a Reverb? Mine was sagging about 15mm a few months ago, but after a service it was alright for a while. Over the last few weeks it has developed a 5-10mm sag (just enough to...
  11. P

YT vs Polygon vs Commencal

I'm wanting to upgrade my 2014 Aurum as i want to upgrade wheel size (26" to 27.5") and increase the frame size - only M frame (420mm reach). My other bike is a L Strive (468mm reach) which feels much better size wise. Budget is around $4000 and I am currently looking at the following bikes...
  12. P

Rim Beyond Repair?

Whats the consensus on the state of this rim? I'm thinking beyond repair and not rideable. I was supposed to be riding it at Bright tomorrow, but it looks like I will have to give that a miss.
  13. P

Shepparton Downhillers

Anyone on here from the Shepp region and into downhill? I've been going to a few spots (Kinglake, Barjarg, Mt Beauty, etc.) of the last few weeks and am getting a bit over going by myself. If anyone is interested, I don't mind driving, just looking for some like minded individuals to share...
  14. P

Five Ten Impact Sole Damage

I bought a pair of impacts in May and already the sole on the left shoe has a few of the knobs ripped of and a big rip in the sole. As you can see in the photo there is minimal wear on the right shoe. I normally ride a couple of times a week (30-50km) and have Saint pedals on both bikes...
  15. P

DH 2014 Norco Aurum 6.1

Was looking to spend around $1500 or so for something to replace my 10 year old Giant DH Comp when I stumbled across this. At $3100 (half price) for a brand new bike I would have lost money not to buy it. Went for the first ride on Sunday and was not the least bit disappointed. Now just need...
  16. P

Finding a Large 2014 Trance SX (VIC)

Does anyone know anywhere in Victoria stocking 2014 Trance SX's? The only ones anyone seems to have left are small frames. If I can't find an SX, then I will get either a 2015 Trance 1 or a 2015 Reign 2, but cannot decide on one or the other (the SX slots nicely between them).
  17. P

Wheel flat spot

I recently bought a Giant Downhill Comp (06 i believe). The price was too good to knock back. However, being a newbie, I didn't go over the bike very well when I picked it up. Yesterday I noticed that the rear wheel has a flat spot and 3 or 4 loose spokes. My question is if I am to ride...