Leaking Shock after Service

padams10003

Likes Dirt
I have just did an air can service on my monarch plus and now when I go to pump it up, air is leaking out around the top of the debonair air sleeve (end nearest the valve).

I have made sure that the sleeve clicks into place, the o-rings are greased up and tried swapping the o-rings around and using different o-rings but nothing seems to help.

Am I missing something obvious or does anyone have any other ideas?

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Thought it may have been that, but i checked it and it's as tight as i can get it. The air definitely is escaping past the top of the air sleeve (you can see oil seeping out with the air where the air is coming out).

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not sure what the problem is with your's but I've had a well known Fox dealer give me the wrong duro o-rings and had the same drama. I still had an old o-ring from another shock and worked out that it was a lot harder than what they give me. Went down to the o-ring shop and asked for a harder duro rubber and it fixed the problem.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Not sure what the problem is with your's but I've had a well known Fox dealer give me the wrong duro o-rings and had the same drama. I still had an old o-ring from another shock and worked out that it was a lot harder than what they give me. Went down to the o-ring shop and asked for a harder duro rubber and it fixed the problem.
Mine are the o-rings that came in the service pack, so i am assuming they are the right size. Might try what you have said about the harder rubber though. Hopefully that helps.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Easiest is to show us a photo, pointing to the leak to be sure. Sounds like the negative debonair air spring oring is leaking. So easily damaged. Clean the old o rings for the debonair sleeve and reinstall if so and retest.

Along with wrong durometer (stiffness) there are a bunch of sizes similar to each other that easily get confused in the supply chain before going into an RS service kit.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Figured out that it's not the sleeve leaking. When i was screwing the air can into the body, the o-ring that sits inside the body must have slipped and ended up being split by the thread.

Went to a local shop, but they didn't have any o-rings in the exact size. Looks like I will have to buy another rebuild kit to fix it.