Rim Beyond Repair?

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Whats the consensus on the state of this rim? I'm thinking beyond repair and not rideable.

I was supposed to be riding it at Bright tomorrow, but it looks like I will have to give that a miss.

DSC_0164a.jpgDSC_0163a.jpg

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Is your wheel configuration? 142 x 12? I've got a spare set and am going to Bright tomorrow. It's carbon, so it won't bend like alloy ;) Has tyres installed and an XD driver + 11 speed cassette.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
If it rideable without issue, give it a go.
Is it fixable? Not a fooking hope.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Give it a gentle tweak with a shifter to pull it back out a bit. Should be rideable, won't like another hit in that spot though.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the advice guys. I pretty much knew it was gone
Is your wheel configuration? 142 x 12? I've got a spare set and am going to Bright tomorrow. It's carbon, so it won't bend like alloy ;) Has tyres installed and an XD driver + 11 speed cassette.
Thanks for the offer mate, but I'm taking my other bike anyway. It's a week old Canyon Strive - so I should give it a good test out.

Give it a gentle tweak with a shifter to pull it back out a bit. Should be rideable, won't like another hit in that spot though.
Knowing my luck I would hit the same spot 100m into the first run, so I wont risk it.

teK--

Eats Squid
If it doesn't leak i'd just ride it until can replace the rim or wheel. Trying to fix it will prob fuck it up even more.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I'd have a go if I was you, what have you got to loose? Get a couple of pieces of hardwood and 3 G lamps, put 1 clamp over the ding and 1 either side Just go 1/2 a turn at a time. You won't get it perfect because the aluminium will be stretched where it is bent but I would be surprised if you couldn't get it close.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
or use a heatgun...
I think it's a job for the oxy. Follow freediver's advice, but heat it up first. It will be more malleable and the heat will shrink the metal back to form. Just remember that you'll need to heat treat the whole rim when you're done. Heat over to 220 degrees and bake for 1 hour. Quench in peanut oil to finish the job properly.