Search results

1. T

TAS WTB - 26inch DJ or XC 100mm-ish travel fork - 20mm, 15mm or QR

Item: 26inch DJ or XC 100mm-ish travel fork - 20mm, 15mm or QR Location: Hobart, Tasmania Item Condition: Good working order Reason for Buying: Looking to build up an Giant STP frame into a commuting bike or DJ muck about bike Price and price conditions: Dependant on Make, Model and...
  2. T

TAS SOLD - DMR Vault Pedals

DMR Vault pedals Sold..... Pending Payment. Will delete once the funds are received!
  3. T

TAS SOLD - DMR Vault Pedals

Item: DMR Vault Pedals - black Location: Hobart, Tasmania Item Condition: Used but good nic. Usual riding scrapes. Reason for selling: Back to SPDs Price and price conditions: SOLD. Extra Info: New black pins (unriden and locktight applied), plus original blue ones and service kit. Pictures:
  4. T

AM 2013 Giant Reign 1 + modifications

Ride report - still early days! Just a quick update with a bit of a ride report! The most important parts first - Pikes are bloody awesome! Monarch Plus is bloody awesome! Full stop!! This bike now feels like I am riding on a cloud, almost cat like. There is no high speed chatter and...
  5. T

Ha ha ha yeah I reckon you guys are probably right! Good call on cutting the MRP guide down, will do that now I know I am not going back to 2x10.... Ever! I ended up going for 200x51, I became concerned about over extending the frame and smacking the frame at full travel if I went longer...
  6. T

It's finished for now!! Thanks for all the helpful comments!! Finished with buying stuff for this bike now, until things need replacing through damage or wear and tear! I am very impressed with the Pikes so far, what an improvement over the Fox 32 Talas. I have just installed the Monarch Plus...
  7. T

Pikes and Hope gear on! Crappy phone pic, but going riding so will get better ones later!! Only the shock to upgrade now! Cheers!
  8. T

Thanks for the comments!! Thanks for the comments! It is certainly building into a bit of a weapon, hopefully I can do it justice! Went for a ride today and I think the Fox forks must have become offended after I ordered the pikes?? To say they were terrible is a massive understatement...
  9. T

Thanks for the replies!! Thanks for replying with great info! Advice has been taken and somehow have been given the go ahead for a purchase! A set of 160mm Dual Position RCT3 Rockshox Pikes have been ordered! While I was at it, I also ordered a Hope AM/FR black stem, Hope tapered headset...
  10. T

Shock replacement advice Thinking about upgrading the shock on this bike! Am after some advice from anyone in the know! The Internet tells me that I could increase the shock from a 200x51 to a 200x57. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have removed the current one and nothing hits...
  11. T

Only had this bike for a couple of months, made a few mods and am really happy with it!! Rides up fine and even better coming back down! Not built as a lite-weight, but loves rough and tumble decents! Frame - 2013 Giant Reign 1 Rear shock - Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair Front shock/fork -...
  12. T

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Thule 591 ProRide Yep, I have three Thule 591 ProRide carriers mounted to matching Thule aero roof racks and they work a treat! I am going to get another one soon, but with the wider bars you have to alternate the way they are facing, ie fwd, back, fwd, back. It is a bit of a lift getting...
  13. T

TAS Found - E13 XCX ST High direct mount 3mm spacer and adjustment shims

Item: E13 XCX ST chain-line adjustment shims, 3mm spacer and 20mm screw Location: anywhere! Price range/Willing to Pay: $20???? Extra Info: Bought a bike with this chain guide already installed, didn't get the 3mm spacer or other shims and want to put a different set of cranks on with a...
  14. T

TAS FOUND - Avid Juicy Three brake.

Item: Avid Juicy Three Location: Hobart, Tasmania Item Condition: 7/10 and better! Reason for wanting: to match rear one I already have Price and price conditions: $25 plus delivery for 7/10, must be complete (minus rotor) Extra Info: preferably black, only after 1 to use as a front brake...
  15. T

TAS FOUND - Giant Contact DH Direct Mount Stem

Item: Giant Contact DH Direct Mount Stem Location: Hobart, Tasmania Item Condition: 8/10 and above Price and price conditions: $25 for 8/10 neg if condition is better, plus postage. Extra Info: including bolts! Thanks!!
  16. T

TAS FOUND - Giant P-XC 2 26" rear wheel

Found thanks so much hairy1!!!!!
  17. T

m820 saint or ZEE lever to m810 saint caliper

Hi there, Did this exact mod a few months ago, and love it!! However, I initially used the old brake lines, with the new silver nipple and they felt soft and mushy. Put the new 820 brake lines on (the ones with the gold banjo thingy) and am now very happy with the results! Let me know...
  18. T

PM sent!!!!!!!
  19. T

Item: Giant P-XC 2 rear wheel Location: Hobart, Tasmania Price range/Willing to Pay: $50 but open to discussion Extra Info: 135 QR - 26 inch only please!! Suffered a critical failure within the hub of my Giant P-XC 2 26" rear wheel. Hoping someone has upgraded their Anthem X or...
  20. T

Which of these 4 upgrades DO YOU deem more urgent..............

This would be an easy decision for me!!! 1st mod : Dropper Post 2nd mod : Wheelset and tubeless 3rd and 4th : replace as they wear out Cheers