Search results

1. B

XC The worlds dodgiest bike shop

Morning gents. I've been hanging around for a while and you guys have inspired me to attempt to rebuild an old friend that has been with my since the year 2000. This old girl was my first dually after kicking around a cheap ridged that then became the recipient of some of suntours finest forks...
  2. B

Snapping spokes.

Hi guys. I have a 2011 Scott spark 30 and it's still on the original wheels. Here lies the problem, a few weeks ago I broke two spokes in the rear. Got them replaced and thought no more of it, until I found another this morning. Spoke to the lbs no drama bring it in. He suggested doing a full...
  3. B

New fork for on one 456

Hi guys. Just got crappy news that my much loved 2007 pike 454 ( I think) 26 inch 20 mm axle fork are going to be, according to sram a really expensive fix. Problems with both the positive and negative air springs ambushing issue and a lack of parts for old forks means I'm thinking new. This is...
  4. B

First gaming console for kids?

Hi guys, well the bloke in the red suit is on his way and I am debating whether it is time for mr9 and miss7 to step up from there wii to the big show. First a little background. This week has been shit. Yesterday we found out that the company we had organised the three kids major mum and dad...
  5. B

Another 1x10 question from a newb who will claim he has searched for the answer.

Hi guys long time rider short time mechanic. I have a 2011 Scott spark 30. I love this bike and it is far from worn out so I figured some drivetrain mods would be nice. In true idiot newb fashion I have managed to acquire a dh zee rear mech. The mechanic at my lbs thinks he has an xtr b link...
  6. B

Bens 2011 Scott Spark 30

Hi guys I figured I would post up my ride. I'm sorry that it's nothing exciting, however it's the best bike I have and the best bike I have owned. It's pretty much stock at the moment, aside from a change of bars, pedals, tyres, tubeless conversion and change of rear shock. This is the bike...