Search results

1. stainless

Hot as Hell Bike ride (updated 8-1-08) :)FINISHED:)

Hot as Hell Ride Finished Well the bike ride is over, and I survived :) Just a quick update to say that I will do a full write up on how it all went and will post up photos, video and graph data from my HRM in the next few days. Also, that the fundraising is at $7000 at the moment and the...
  2. stainless

Thanks Itsajoke, nah i havnt taken it over any sweet jumps yet, but i just hope my nun chuck skills come in handy on the way up there.... I will be at Kings Beach on the sunny coast on the 6th Jan at around 2, my oldies are organizing a bit of a fundraiser thing down there for the day and we...
  3. stainless

New update and my near religious experience Fund raising is going well, training is going well and had an interesting experience out riding today. I left home at about 8 this morning and headed out towards to Wangarratta for another test ride with all gear. Had a slight head wind so was...
  4. stainless

Thanks mate...as for the clown...it was at a street party thing they have in Wodonga on Friday nights, he was there doing the balloon animals and unicycle bit...It was for my 5 year old :)
  5. stainless

Another update (7 Dec 07) Picked up my jerseys from the printer today, really happy with the result. Went to 'Lounging on High' again tonight for a bit of exposure (not THAT kind of exposure) and to raise some funds,,,and had a good week of training, rode through a massive storm on Monday, not...
  6. stainless

buying parts overseas

Yeah I always did in the past, however when I asked for support from the Aussie distributors for my fund raising bike ride, they were not interested so I went O/S. Any money I saved on the purchases means more I can hand over to the Cancer Council at the end. Cheers Linden Support the...
  7. stainless

I have just put the account details up in the original post. Electronic funds transfers are the easiest to keep track of, just make sure you let me know via PM and use your surname as a reference on the deposit so you can get your receipt. If everyone took the time to transfer even $1 it...
  8. stainless

This is not a dig at anyone...:) There are a few reasons I choose to do the ride at this time of year. It is when I'm on leave form work. My job is to promote a healthy lifstyle/fitness, and sitting inside and hiding during summer is not conductive of that :) The heat itself does not...
  9. stainless

New Steed (Trucker)

IF you call riding 1500km to QLD commuting, then, yes, I am :) It will be a good commuter once I'm finished though, check out the thread in the original post for details... Cheers
  10. stainless

New Steed (Trucker)

Just a couple of pics of my latest addition to the stable (Faith, Trance, Spec Allez Elite), and now a Surly Long Haul Trucker. For info on why i got the bike go to http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=108080 Spec list Surly LHT Steel Frame DT Swiss 4.1 XC rims (36hole) DT Swiss Spokes...
  11. stainless

buying parts overseas

yeah i just had some wheels sent from chainreactioncycles.com (UK) with no dramas. The only thing was the first shipment which i paid for international express (DHL) arrived after the second package that i ordered a couple of days later with standard international parcel delivery. Still only...
  12. stainless

Hi to all the Farkers out there. Not sure if this is the right place for this but it doesn't really fit anywhere else. I am riding my bike from Wodonga in Vic to the Sunshine Coast in Qld (1500km) over the xmas period to raise money for the Cancer Council. I am doing it solo unsupported...
  13. stainless

Faith new paint job now..Faithless..and helmet pic (20-3-07)

And a matching helmet 20-3-07 a new pic (helmet) is on the front page now, same colours as bike. and a couple of replies...to itsajoke, you can stay with your reign and ill keep the faith and trance, when i come up we can have a family photo :) and to rufnut..."farkin boxxers" (insert accent)
  14. stainless

pressure packs, one undercoat, one black, one red and one clear.
  15. stainless

I got the paint form border crash supplies, it is a 'Color Pak custom tinted'. I went in there, flipped through the colour books, picked the two that I liked, he mixed them up, showed me, modified them until I was happy with it and put it in a can, i would recommend this to anyone as i am...
  16. stainless

I got a reverse sticker made up at a local sign shop, it is 'cenobyte' font from http://cooltext.com/Fonts this site rocks for text, free d/l of TTF files. :) I did the crosses by printing them out on a piece of A4 sticker paper then cut the cross out to make a template, cut them out...
  17. stainless

Yackandandah Shuttle Day

DRY !!! as everything is around here, we are still fine tuning and waiting for some decent rain before we can do some of the other bits that we want to, but as it is, it's a good run with some sweet sections in it. Like i said, this is to help bed in the trail and just to get some wheels over it.
  18. stainless

Yackandandah Shuttle Day

I am running a shuttle day at the new DH track in Yackandandah this Sunday, It is a low key deal to help bed in the trail. Only 10 spots available. To come you must contact me before Saturday via email at dhchaingang@hotmail.com or phone on 0411 124 947 first in best dressed. Cost will be $20...
  19. stainless

Just finished putting my 05 Faith 1 back together after giving a bit of a refresh. I did it with 2 colours that I got made up and put into pressure packs, one is a black with red pearl and the other is blood red with red pearl. It looks pretty cool in the sun with the red pearl in the black...
  20. stainless

More pics of Yackandandah DH

we have only had a few big working bees, and most of the time has just been, when a few of us have finished work we head out there until dark, pretty informal. Keep an eye out though because I will be holding a pretty low key ride day out there to help bed it all in. If you are ever up...