Faith new paint job now..Faithless..and helmet pic (20-3-07)

stainless

Likes Bikes
Just finished putting my 05 Faith 1 back together after giving a bit of a refresh. I did it with 2 colours that I got made up and put into pressure packs, one is a black with red pearl and the other is blood red with red pearl. It looks pretty cool in the sun with the red pearl in the black which makes it look kind of maroon.

Just put the 888's on it as well :)

and now a pic of helmet job as well

Attachments

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That looks really different and really good! You sprayed that with a pressure pack? Very nice finish......the colours matching looks perfect.:D

yakuza type R

Likes Dirt
thats sweet as bra. looks like a killer paint job ya done. the faith looks nice with the 888rc2x, can't wait till i get mine.

stainless

Likes Bikes
YEAH!! Emo faith!

nah looks sick. what did you use to do the lettering?
I got a reverse sticker made up at a local sign shop, it is 'cenobyte' font from http://cooltext.com/Fonts this site rocks for text, free d/l of TTF files. :)

I did the crosses by printing them out on a piece of A4 sticker paper then cut the cross out to make a template, cut them out individually and masked in between.

I went through the following process.

I sanded the Beige with 600 wet and dry, hit with some wax and grease remover, painted the undercoat, then painted the black in the morn, waited until the arvo, put the stickers on, masked the rest and painted the red, peeled the stickers off and let it dry.

The next day I painted the clear coat, let it dry all day and gave it a cut and polish that night.

Waited for the next day and put it back together.

all up it cost me about $70

Foggy

Likes Dirt
That's really really nice, mate! I'd be happy with that one for sure!!!! I almost bought a Faith myself a few months ago. Can I ask you how much it weighs and what kind of riding you use it for? - Mike.

stainless

Likes Bikes
Where did you get the paint from? And how's the quality of it? and the brand?
I got the paint form border crash supplies, it is a 'Color Pak custom tinted'.

I went in there, flipped through the colour books, picked the two that I liked, he mixed them up, showed me, modified them until I was happy with it and put it in a can, i would recommend this to anyone as i am very impressed with the quality and result.

The clear coat is just a 'Motorspray' brand.

That's really really nice, mate! I'd be happy with that one for sure!!!! I almost bought a Faith myself a few months ago. Can I ask you how much it weighs and what kind of riding you use it for? - Mike.
It weighs 20.78 kg as is and I use it for riding/racing DH