Search results

1. A

XC Training

I gess most XC people would do this anyway but for you people that think that MTB are the only way to go, note this. Road bikes are a good way to train and they will improve your peformance. But If you realy don't want a road bike just use slicks and I garantee that you will become a better...
  2. A

Farkin Gravel....

Everyone nows that nothing grips on gravel but lets get an idea if what types of XC tyres you people use on gravel and what you think of them. I love the Hutchinson Pythons but there not the cheapest tyres in the world........Any other sugestions
  3. A

Giant Bike...

Farkin hell, I need a new bike. I'm a student from WA with little money so I'm looking for a bike around $2000, anyone got any segestions. I'm looking at a Medioka Quality hardtail, like a Giant XTC 2 Disc, that I can race with and at the same time thrash around. Cheack it out at...
  4. A

Riding the clay......

I went riding last week down this track at a nice speed, the track was just clay and it was a bit muddy. Then I see this area on the track that I know is a wet clay but I've riden over it before so I thought nothing of it. Then a hit it and the front end gets sucked in and most of my handle...
  5. A

XC Tyres

See my problem is that people recomend to me these WTD Velo's for gravel because they seem like good tyre but personally I think there absolute crap. I go riding in clay and they pick up everything, and on gravel they seem OK. But them I put on my old per of Hutchi Moskitos (there almost...
  6. A

New to Clipless Pedels

I'm getting a per of Shimano 151's for about $80. I'm just wondering if you can go down hill with them cliped out without slipping of the pedels. I go down real steep gravel trails were I'll constantly sliding out so I need my feet uncliped.
  7. A

Going down hill XC style

See I got a per of Hutchi Moskitos and there worn out, almost being bald in the inside face. But I still use them over my WTB Velos coz they are a softer compound and seen to grip just as well. (These are new WTB, and I'm never buying them again) I went riding this morning going down my...
  8. A

Shinamo Deore Stuff.........

Everyone knows about deore so I want to know a little about them for you guys................. I got a cheap bike, cost $1000, so it only comes with a deore derailer. Well........To me it dosn't shift smoth under pressure like when your climbing. I've never riden a bike with say LX or XT so I...
  9. A

Who's from Perth...........

I can gather that most of the people here are from the the Easten State but who's from Perth.............. I'm from Armadale and I havn't meet anyone from my area that's big into MTB........
  10. A

Climbing XC style

I'm getting good at climbing. But as soon as I hit the real steep climbs on gravel. I can't control my bike while keeping traction........ Where talking about hills were your climbing in your lowest gear. I've found that holding your bar ends isn't a good idea in this situation, since every...
  11. A

How much is the AC 2 !

How much does the AC 2 cost............
  12. A

Giant NRS or AC

I currently have a Giant Iguana. The bike has lasted me 6 months so far but the crankes, rims and a lot of other cheap components are starting die. I only have around $3000 to spend on a bike, so I'm looking at the AC 2 and the NRS 2. Both bikes are nice but which one is best for what i need...
  13. A

Gaint NRS

I currently have a giant iguana and I'm thinking of upgrading to a NRS 2... What do you guy's think of it...
  14. A

Giant VT...

How much does a VT ONE or VT TWO cost............ I do XC/FR so I don't need a DH bike....
  15. A

Brake Pads...

I just got some Jagwire V-brake pads, there the $25 ones and there sweet.. The Coolstop ones were $30, are they any better....
  16. A

Finishline lube (Who's used it)...

I now got all three, but I don't really know which one workes best in what condition. And what's the best one to use on derailers, cables ect....??? I just got Krytech and I used it on all my bike......The Wet lubes for wet weater so what good is the Dry lube comperaed to the new wax.
  17. A

Fixing rims...........

Man......Has anyone tryed replacing spokes.....It's crap, I trying it on my bike and I rounding of 10 spokes.....I fixed that problem got the rim kind of strait............BUT MY RIM IS FULL OF FLAT SPOTS........I'm never going to try it again......Just hope the bike shop can fix my problem...
  18. A

Foxracing gear

I need a new set of gloves, I've got Dirtpaws but there falling apart after 2 years. What does anyone thing of the Sidewinders, I might by some !!!
  19. A

Giant Bikes

I got a giant iguana now, its good for XC, but I want to get a VT when i got the money. Can you actually buy VT's in australia !!! They stock NRS's and AC's but what about VT's !!!
  20. A

Tyres

I bought some WTB Vilosaraptors and there a good price, only $40 each. What I want to know is why are tyres like hutchinsons so expensive and what is the best tyre for australian gravel !!!