Search results

1. S

delete/sold

You would be better off with a vacuum, helium weighs more than nothing. Having said that the extra material would make it pointless
  2. S

2012 Club M.U.D Series

Yeah great event, thanks club mud! Next time I'll try not to face plant off of the drop before the finish line...
  3. S

Helmet, Goggles & Shinnies!

Any of the 661 stuff is fine, not the best but its really good value. All Their helmets are built to certain standards and will be good quality. The more expensive models will but be a little bit lighter or have better ventilation. I have the 661 race knee/shin gaurds and I think they are...
  4. S

Shoulder protection

Is your shoulder problem with dislications? I have a pretty shitty shoulder, lost count of how many times it's been dislocated. Best thing to prevent it was going to a physio and doing the exercises they tell you to do. I know they are a pain in the ass but just do them. Dislocating shoulders...
  5. S

Moved from stupid Q thread. SRAM/shimano compatibility.

No problems, I run the opposite with shimano cranks and rings with sram chain, cassette and derailleurs with no problems. Running a 3 speed front derailleur on 2 rings isn't an issue either, I just had to change my bottom limit screw and it works fine. I haven't dropped the chain at all since...
  6. S

Roof bike carrier

Hey guys I'm looking for a bike carrier to put on my roof racks. Item: either wheel on or wheel off, either will work. Location: Geelong, willing to travel to pick up within reason. Price range/Willing to Pay: really depends on what it is! Extra Info: must attach to factory oval roof...
  7. S

Shortening and inserting thread in a 135mm axle

If you don't already have to tools or know someone with them, then just take it to a machinist / engineering shop. A good tap set isn't cheap unless its shit. Better yet just tell CRC to send you another one...
  8. S

Answer protaper vs raceface atlas handlebars

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll have a look into the renthal bars but I'm guessing they'll probably be out of my budget. I'll probably go with the protapers.
  9. S

new rider with a question about transportation of bike

If you have a tow bar already fitted check out what gripsport have to offer http://www.gripsport.com.au/ they seem to be pretty well priced. From my limited experience i would steer clear of the racks that you hang your bike on. The systems that support your bike from the wheels seem a lot...
  10. S

Answer protaper vs raceface atlas handlebars

Hi guys, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything, so sorry if this has been covered before. I am tossing up between the answer protaper DH and the raceface atlas FR bars, both bars have the same bends and pretty much the same length and weight. Has any one used either of these...
  11. S

Will 2012 bikes be cheaper given the strong $A?

Nmag, I've got no reason not to believe it. Do you think companies spend the same time developing low end product vs their high end products? It may be marketing, development, low batch volume, fancy colours or whaterver else they can spend your money on, but I am confident there there would...
  12. S

Will 2012 bikes be cheaper given the strong $A?

Probably a little bit off topic for this thread but what about R&D costs? Do you think they're spending the same time/money on designing these, a hell of a lot more engineering would be going into the XTRs. still I agree that the price difference is huge.
  13. S

new rider with a question about transportation of bike

Honestly I think the rear mounted racks are a pain, especially if you have a hatch back! I have a towbar mounted rack but only use it if I have to, I find it takes less time to take off my wheels and put a sheet down in the back of the car that putting the rack on. Some cars you can't open...
  14. S

what is this fork. pics up

I have a similar looking set of forks on my hardtail and have been trying to work out what they are, do yours have a number stamped into the rear left hand side of the crown? Mines T03D0908, would love to confirm what they actually are. Thanks for the help.
  15. S

Are Minions too heavy?

Just weighed my front wheel with 2.5 DH minions on and it comes in at 3.2kg so looks like your a bit better off than me. My front wheel (atomlab trail pimp with hope hub) is about 1.5kg, minion was about 1.2kg and the tube took up the last 500g. I have never had a pinch flat with my minons...
  16. S

Just saying hi

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and have Only been riding for a few months so far and thought this would be a good place to get a bit of advice. I live and ride in Geelong, usually at the you yangs when they are open. I picked up my first bike off of a mate, it's a 243 racing frame and it's an...