Search results

1. taquar

Angerrrr rising......Scottt sssmmmmash!!!!

Our parcel post lady is the next door neighbour. Usually she is good with our stuff, but they have been known to just hang onto random peoples stuff for a week or 2. I think she knows not to mess with our stuff luckily. Our current normal postie has just dropped things off outside our garage...
  2. taquar

Serious Q regarding QLD postage.

I'd never meet someone at my house, I'd give them a time and place to pick up from, and it's usually my work, and I own nothing there and it has cameras. Not my issue. I personally work 2am-12pm, so I CBF to post things. How about you just drive to pick up ya lazy meatsack. :thumb:
  3. taquar

Snot an orange for once.....

If that's your backyard, I hate you so much. :thumb: Nice bike though! Really need to update my bike to something with a tapered steerer and 27.5", at least. All these toys make me jealous.
  4. taquar

The gaming thread

Regarding the FPS on consoles thing, I have my sensitivity up rather high, so it's still as twitchy as the PC. I do play on both though, but lately I just haven't had the time to game, which is actually really depressing. When Destiny 2 is released I'll probably play that, and I wanted to get...
  5. taquar

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

What are you changing from on the front? I'm going to be swapping from a 28t to a 32/34t on the front of a 1x11. Hopefully it's not too much of an increase and I can still go upwards without too much effort. :thumb:
  6. taquar

That's awesome! I've wanted to do that for a while, but I'm not sure I have the fitness. Where did you start and where did you finish? What sort of snacks/drink did you take with you? Anything you think is a MUST bring?
  7. taquar

The stupid questions thread.

Legend, saves me paying someone else to do it :thumb: I usually go to the LBS for most things, but it'll be nice to do it myself for once.
  8. taquar

So I've got a 1x11 SLX setup on my bike, pretty sure it's the M7000. It's got a 28t ring up the front, but it's already too low for me. Would this 32t ring just bolt straight onto my current cranks, and work fine with the chain which I assume is the Narrow-Wide, or whatever it is? Looking at...
  9. taquar

Had a good thrash at Mt Joyce this morning. Got 1 3/4 of runs in before I got a pinch flat and had to walk back to the car with my gear. Day nearly ended at 10:30 until someone gave me one of his spare 26" tubes which got me riding again. Thanks random legend :thumb: 2 more shuttles later and...
  10. taquar

Am I crazy for not wearing a helmet.

I've always thought that it looks more like an onion...
  11. taquar

You say that, but then straight away, say you've cracked 3 helmets when binning it? How do you think the helmets cracked? Magic? As for your mate, what do you think would have happened to his head if there was no helmet?
  12. taquar

Can safely say that is my "Oh god I'm gonna die" style. :peep:
  13. taquar

Ankle socks are also a good option.
  14. taquar

Little Things You Hate

They can accelerate?
  15. taquar

Post your all mountain bike

If he still talks as much crap as he used to, I'm surprised he even has time to ride a filing cabinet. :whistle:
  16. taquar

Post your all mountain bike

Don't see enough love for Single Pivots anymore, let alone 26" wheels. Gave this a facelift a few months ago, second hand 150mm Float CTD on the front, and Float CTD on the back, both Kashima. Had the shock rebuilt by Cyclinic, and it's a lot smoother now. New everything else, except for pedals...
  17. taquar

Been a while since I posted here, but I managed to take a photo of it. Hopefully can manage a ride tomorrow morning if the weather holds up.
  18. taquar

Post up ya 4WD!

Just going to say that this would be BS. I fail to see how Nissan would sell a car that CANNOT be insured. And anyway, wouldn't that be illegal in some way? Depends on which parts. If the motors are similar/the same then those parts should transfer over, but drivetrain, suspension and...
  19. taquar

Lifting the Ute on the cheap

Not sure on the exact limits in your state, but QLD is 2" suspension (includes springs, spacers, whatever), 2" body that requires a mod plate but no formal testing, and 1" height gain in tyres, so 31"s to 33"s is acceptable. Maximum of a 125mm increase total. Spring spacers may be legal, but...