Search results

1. G

Dirtworks 2010 100klm entry

I am interested. Just trying to find out if I can convert to a 50km entry.
  2. G

Wanted: Highland Fling Entries

Entry available I have an entry available. Currently entered in full flings masters.
  3. G

NSW XC State Champs - Aug 17

Well done to everyone who completed.
  4. G

Manly Dam "Inner Loop" Distance

I get 10.18km. (averaged over 127 laps)
  5. G

Otway Odyssey '08!!

I did not race this year, but at the briefing last year they made a strong point about Female Elite riders obtaining pacing and other assistance from stronger male riders. It was something they were quite aware of given the amount of prizemoney on offer.
  6. G

Otway Odyssey '08!!

I wonder how many GU wrappers you would find if you had to get all your GUs stamped with your race number at rego and were docked 10 minutes for every one of your wrappers found on the track after the race? ;)
  7. G

Training with a GPS

Mine has lasted the duration of every 100km MTB race I've done - don't need anymore than that. I reckon it's probably good for 8hrs. Has anyone found any decent software for the Edge 305. Coming off a Polar 720, I find the Garmin software to be pretty carp for training purposes. The Polar...
  8. G

Brindabella Challenge

Is there any information posted regarding the course for the 50km and 100km next Saturday? Is it technical or mostly roads? Long climbs, short climbs? A map? Cheers.
  9. G

Killingworth 18th Nov

Yes, great effort Stu and the crew. Personally, I had a Barry Crocker but a nice track and good racing seemed to be had by all. I made sure the First Aid doods got to use their stuff.
  10. G

Killingworth 18th Nov

Sounds good. I reckon you'll want nice long laps given the number of categories that will be out racing at the same time. Any previews on what's on offer?
  11. G

Killingworth 18th Nov

But there is the potential to add a couple of hefty nasty climbs so don't speak too soon ;)
  12. G

Brindabella Challenge

Is there another thread on this event explaining the whens, wheres etc?
  13. G

Nationals 07/08

The Thredbo XC course is largely a manmade walking track. Compacted clay/earth with stairs on the descents. Fortunately the ascents are not stairs but a mixture of 4WD access trails and, grassy sections and flatter walking trails. Probably the best thing you can do is practice going real fast...
  14. G

Fling wrapped

Gonz, that is an amazing effort. Congratulations, you must be very pleased. How long were your training rides. I recall being so glad to get to transition at the end of the Wingello loop; I couldn't imagine doing it twice. That was a very tough 3hrs. I was surprised to see i was 2nd in...
  15. G

2007 KHS State XC Series - Round 4 CANCELLED

Hey Schmack, can you please point me to the page with the current point score standings?
  16. G

Mogo Rocks!

Only did the 50km but it was fun. Probably the most mountain bikey marathon event yet. The 1st section of singletrack at about 15km in was really nice as was the section about 8km from the end.
  17. G

Road tyres, how often do you replace them?

I use Pro2Race 25mm and run them at 80 to 90psi. They are comfortable, grippy tyres and don't seem to roll any slower than 23s.
  18. G

Road tyres, how often do you replace them?

My current road tyres have been on since Jan 2006 and do about 150 to 200km a week. They are looking like needing replacing pretty soon I expect. About 15,000km so far.
  19. G

AROC Mogo Enduro

I have picked up this horrible cold/virus thingy and I'd say almost no chance to ride on Sunday. So I have an entry and cabin accom both available. 0414 642 739 if you are interested.
  20. G

KHS NSW/ACT State XC Series Rnd 3*Results up*

I'm guessing that was the same bloke who blasted past me during my race and casually muttered that he was only doing a warm up while I was totally maxed out. Yeah, great race. Loved the track.