Killingworth 18th Nov

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Ahh, just send them to the top of the DH trail. We did it last time we held a national round, and the decent down the back fire road and single trail can be interesting to say the least.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
I've chased Rowney up there (him at social chatting pace, me vomiting, not breathing pace), didn't even get close to keeping up with him on the way down. I'm sorry to miss it but a higher duty calls.

Dug

Likes Dirt
Put as many climbs in as you can cap, I'm not racing but I want to see some pained faces.
Bung em in I need the practice after having to push my bicycle up a majority of the hills in the Fling last weekend.:eek:

Just one of those can't seem to climb days I guess

Oh yeah I think I will go with my ol faithful 1.95 Z Max's.... lost their edge but they should be great for the track

sclyde2

Likes Dirt
anyone know the deal with rego? ie. when it closes. I'm thinking about going up for the veterans race (starts @11:30), and was wondering if I can sleep in...

The website says that rego opens at 8:15am, but not when it closes.

tjb

Likes Dirt
anyone know the deal with rego? ie. when it closes. I'm thinking about going up for the veterans race (starts @11:30), and was wondering if I can sleep in...

The website says that rego opens at 8:15am, but not when it closes.
It closes tonight, I believe you can rego on the day and incur a $5 late fee. There is a bike draw for those that pre-register too.

Cap

Likes Dirt
The course is an absolute belter!!! It is around 10kms at the moment but subject to shorten slightly depending on a few issues. It will be taped and marked before free practice which starts at 1pm tomorrow.

gustfront

Likes Dirt
Sounds good. I reckon you'll want nice long laps given the number of categories that will be out racing at the same time.

Any previews on what's on offer?

jaseh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The start area is pretty clear for camping. I personally would probably not as you get a few dickheads out there dumping stolen cars and hooning.
I'm sure others would.
There might be somewhere nearby that you could camp at or a cheap motel or caravan park.
Just looking at the map theres a motel at wallsend on lake rd, that would probably be the closest. There are probably others that know the area a bit better than me that could give you more info.

Cap

Likes Dirt
You could find somewhere around the cleared area to camp but there are no facilities. Cardiff is probably the closest suburb for accommodation but anywhere in Newcastle isn't more than half hour away.

Cap

Likes Dirt
50/50. If you prefer a hardtail then the track is ok for that. It's bumpy in parts but nothing major.

Dug

Likes Dirt
50/50. If you prefer a hardtail then the track is ok for that. It's bumpy in parts but nothing major.
Hardtail it is, like mine for the short course stuff....under 50k's

Time for practice see you all there......:D

Dug

Likes Dirt
Thanks to the HMBA

Well I finished and had a ball.

I was having sooo much fun I was going to do an extra lap but was stopped by the officials.....NOT:rolleyes:

Great day and a great track.

Thanks to all that made it possible.

That climb off the start sorted the field out:D