Search results

1. Tubbsy

ACT OneUp Dropper 240mm. SOLD

Item One Up Components Dropper Post v2 - 240mm 31.6 Location Canberra Item condition description New Reason for selling I can't measure so good Price and price conditions $260 delivered - looks like this was the price mtbdirect had them on sale for recently, but those are all sold out Extra...
  2. Tubbsy

Transition 'Budgie' Smuggler

Frame - NOS 2018 Transition Smuggler, XL, Carbon Rear shock - Fox DPS Front shock/fork - 140mm 2017 Fox 34, Vorsprung Fractive & Luftkappe Handlebars - SQlab 3OX 45mm Stem - Deity Headset - Wolftooth Premium Grips - SQlab 711 Saddle - WTB Seatpost - Bikeyoke 185 Front brake - Magura MT Trail SL...
  3. Tubbsy

Twenty quality MTB threads by Christmas or Santa gets it....

Many of you will have noticed that the vibe around Rotorburn has been a bit grim of late. Bickering in the Off-Topic section seems to have dominated posting. We know there are plenty of long-term members who observe but don't post much as a result. So as I mentioned in the Little Things You...
  4. Tubbsy

FOUND WTB 9 Speed 1x crankset

Item: 9 speed 1x crankset, ideally with chainring Location: Canberra or posted Item Condition: The better the gooder Reason for buying: Getting the On-One sorted for commuter duty Price and price conditions: Flexible Extra Info: I currently have a 3x XTR crankset on there (M970 I think), but...
  5. Tubbsy

Sold Ibis Ripley LS. SOLD

Item: Ibis Ripley LS with Fox Float EVOL Factory, Cane Creek 40 Headset, seat post clamp, spare cable ports, rear axle, instruction booklet Sizing: XL frame, but a smallish XL, particularly by modern standards. Geo is reasonably similar to current model Large Pivot Mach 4 SL or Yeti SB115 for...
  6. Tubbsy

ACT FOUND Magura Brake Hose

Item: Magura Brake Hose with fitting to suit older Marta or similar, 1700mm or longer Location: Post office or Canberra Item Condition: The newer and nicer the betterer Reason for buying: A bizarrely stupid design by Magura for this caliper seems to require a factory-fitted connection as...
  7. Tubbsy

Boost wheelset, Shimano Shifter, IS 180 brake adaptor, X2 Volume spacers

Hi gang, After the bits I need to complete my Paradox build: FOUND: 29er Boost 110/148 Wheelset, tubeless compatible, 30mm or wider would be better, Shimano HG preferred. Could be interested in something cheap as a temporary fix or maybe even something fancy Location: Canberra or your...
  8. Tubbsy

Product Review Revel Rail

Once upon a time the mountain bike landscape consisted largely of road-bike derived deathtraps piloted by the brave and uninsurable cutting their own lines in a fledgling sport. Those lines filled maps, the bikes spawned categories within categories and today’s thrillseeker is as confident...
  9. Tubbsy

ACT WTB Hope Post Mount Adaptor H / Shimano 203PM Adaptor. FOUND

Item: Hope Post Mount Adaptor H Location: Canberra or post Item Condition: Servicable to New Price and price conditions: You tell me Extra Info: For 203 rotor on 180PM fork Pictures:
  10. Tubbsy

There can only be one

Frame - Deviate Highlander Black Edition, 140 link. Rear shock - Fox X2 2021 Factory Front shock/fork - Manitou Mezzer Pro 160 Handlebars - SQlab 30X Stem - Spank 40mm Headset - Cane Creek Grips - Ergon GA2 Saddle - WTB MaxCreak Seatpost - BikeYoke 213 Brake system - Hope E4 Rotors - Shimano...
  11. Tubbsy

Talbingo MTB Park Cancelled

There's something new happening near the Snowys: https://tatimes.com.au/talbingo-mtb-breaks-ground/ http://talbingomtb.com.au 1000m of elevation in the surrounding area and big plans for the future - good luck to them!
  12. Tubbsy

Bike for Mrs Tubbsy

So she recently announced she's keen to get a mountain bike. Which is great. I have spare bikes, but they're XL hard tails which are a tad too big and I think a dually would be a better starting point for her. What I'm thinking is stripping the parts off the Lynskey and buying her a frame to...
  13. Tubbsy

ACT Best of Canberra Mountain Bike Experience Workshops

A bit of a heads up for Canberra riders. The ACT government are doing some consultation for the future direction of trail development in Canberra. This is going to be a rare opportunity to have your say in where future money will be spent in the region, so I'd really encourage locals (and...
  14. Tubbsy

New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

So who knows more about this then? https://newbikeparksydney.squarespace.com/ Allegedly 120km of trail coming...
  15. Tubbsy

X Fusion Hi Lo Dropper

So my hardtail has been neglected of late, and this week I decided to freshen up the drivetrain and add a dropper. I've become so accustomed to riding with one that I think the lack on the hardtail was putting me off riding it. There wasn't much in stock in 27.2 when I was shopping, and not...
  16. Tubbsy

Is Fox Live Valve suspension akin to e-Biking?

So Fox have released an electronic adaptive suspension system to their lineup. https://www.ridefox.com/content.php?c=livevalve-bike https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-fox-live-valve-suspension.html Tech sounds quite interesting, and the reviewer seems to like it. A couple of passages...
  17. Tubbsy

Rotors rubbing

Problem My new bike features boost spacing, but I wanted to re-use my old Hope brakes which have 6-bolt rotors. The wheel builder talked me into centre lock hubs with 6-bolt adaptors, as he said this would be more flexible. What I didn't realise was that this pushes the 6 bolt rotors a bit...
  18. Tubbsy

H2O Brakes

Browsing the online shops I found these brakes that use water instead of brake fluid... https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=154449;menu=1000,2,15,117;mid=0;pgc=0;orderby=3 I've never heard of this before. Aside from the fact that they are very expensive, and therefore must...
  19. Tubbsy

WTB [CBR] 3x9 front Derailleur

Item: 9 Speed Front Derailleur Location: From you to my letterbox, or Canberra Item Condition: Good, excellent, NOS Reason for buying: Building up a commuter with old bits I have around Price and price conditions: You tell me Extra Info: I have an old 3x9 XTR/X0 drive train I'd like to...
  20. Tubbsy

SOLD [ACT] Specialized Stumpjumper FSR - XL - Brain replaced with custom RP23

Item: 2007 Specialized Stumpjumper frame (for 26 inch wheels), size XL, with custom Fox RP23 Boost Valve (Tekin custom built to suit unusual Specialized shock size), Cane Creek 110 headset Location: Canberra Item Condition: Well used, cosmetically rough with marks everywhere, but no cracks or...