Search results

1. M

Magellan Bendigo 6/3hr "Come and try" day this Sunday.

Magellan Bendigo 6/3hr "Come and try" day is this Sunday 18th August. Want to check out the course before race day? The majority of the track is on private land so this will be the last chance to access the full course before the race. Sign up from 8:30. BBQ lunch available. Everybody welcome...
  2. M

Bendigo come and try day 18th August

Ever wanted to taste some of the Bendigo singletrack goodness? Thinking of giving the Magellan Bendigo 6/3hr a go but want to check out the course in advance? Just need an excuse to go for a ride? In the lead up to this years Magellan Bendigo 6/3hr we are having a come and try day on the...
  3. M

Get paid to ride Single Speed!

Want to get paid to ride your Single Speed? Want to prove how much better at hill climbing you are than your geared up riding mates? Just want to have fun regardless and the above is just a bonus? The GV MTB Club`s 3hr Enduro "Major Pain" is on 14th September at Mt Major (Dookie near...
  4. M

Magellan Bendigo 6/3hr 2013

Entry is now open for the 2013 Magellan Bendigo 6/3hr on 8th September. Full details on the club web site. http://www.mtbbendigo.com/index.php?page=mypage&op=openPage&id=5&title=Magellan%20Bendigo%206hr Enter via Entry Zone. http://www.entryzone.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21...
  5. M

Mt Major ride day Sunday 10th Feb

The GV club are having their monthly ride day at Mt Major tomorrow. Usual shittle service for the gravity crowd and all XC trails are open and ready to hurt. BBQ etc for lunch. Heading there with Bendigo club Pres. Rippin it up!!! Yes, I`m pissed. So what. Hangover. Single Speed. 300 mts...
  6. M

Single Speed Series - Vic

This discussion was started in a different thread about a serious SS Nats. An idea formed and a concept has emerged. A few silly buggers started chatting and next thing you know the reality of the idea is staring us in the face. That idea is a short series of 4 races for Single Speed only...
  7. M

Boutique 29ers. Add to the list.

Hi all. I recently let a fellow burner take my beloved wife`s Niner MCR (don`t tell her) for a spin and he seemed to enjoy it. So much so that he is now looking around for a boutique frame to build up a new steed. He comes from a DH, street and dirt jump background and has been known to...
  8. M

New Niner S.I.R. Thoughts anyone?

I've been looking for a new steel 29er frame lately and just when I thought I was ready to fork out some of the folding stuff I get the Niner Newsletter announcing their new S.I.R. http://www.ninerbikes.com/sir9 Anybody got any thoughts? Will they be available here before Xmas? I'm thinking...
  9. M

Saturday or Sunday? When do you like to race?

G`day all. I attended the Crazy 6 hr last Saturday and one of the post race discussion topics was about holding the race on a Saturday instead of the traditional Sunday when most of the enduro races are held. I thought it was great as it gave a full day of recovery before heading back to a week...
  10. M

2012 Vic Police & Emergency Services Games - MTB Course

G`day all. Does anybody have any info about the MTB course to be used in the 2012 Vic Police & Emergency Services Games in April? I see it`s at the Eumeralla Scout Camp in Anglsea but thats all the info I`ve found so far. Cheers MH
  11. M

VSS round 3 Bendigo 2012

Photos from today`s VSS round in Bendigo can be seen here https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/100526704744515946319/albums/5702899626219853457 I just dumped all that were taken so please forgive the quality, and they were taken on a little hand held digital camera so lucky any came out at all...
  12. M

Trails close to Victor Harbour?

Got a week in Victor Harbour with the family lined up and need to know what XC trails, if any, are nerby? Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers MH
  13. M

Whatever happened to your old ride?

G`day all. A recent thread from another member displaying 10 years of MTBing has promted me to ask the question - Do you know whatever happened to your old ride? I started out on a Malvern Star XCS7 a few years ago and then it sat unused in the shed after I upgraded to a 29er. Early last...
  14. M

Movember 2011

G`day all It’s Moustache Season, so I’ve decided to do my bit for men’s health and commit to grow and cultivate what I know will be a fine looking moustache during Movember. I’m on the hunt for fellow fine and like-minded MTBers to join me on my quest by signing up to my team. The MTB Mo...
  15. M

XTR trail vs XT - weight weenies help please?

Hi. Tax return is almost here and I`m tossing up between an XTR groupset (drivetrain and brakes with Icetech etc) or XT on a Niner build. Does anybody have the combined weights of these groupsets in 3x10 setup? Is it really worth the extra $1k for the XTR? Cheers MH
  16. M

Blood Racing. How fast do you bleed?

How fast can you donate blood? Ever donated blood and seen the timer that shows how long it has taken to bleed the required amount? My best is 7:14 after riding to the blood bank. What`s yours? (If you have never donated blood before, here is an excuse to start and feed that competitive...
  17. M

Wanting a new 29er Single Speed

Want to get a new 29er Single Speed this week as a spare bike and commuting. Looking at Avanti KISS, Kona Unit, Surly Karate Monkey or Cannondale Trail. Trying to keep to a budget of under$1400. Anybody got any opinions on the pro`s and cons of these bikes? Have I missed any that would fit...
  18. M

Bendigo mid week rides

Anybody interested in rides around Bendigo during the week? I head out by myself most Tuesdays and Fridays for a few hours while kids are at kinder and school. Always keen for some company to laugh at me when I fall off. Cheers MH
  19. M

Ride2School Day.

Just curious about how many let their kids ride to school? Today was National Ride2School day and it would be fair to say that there are more than double the number of kids bikes parked in the bike shed than normal at my son`s primary school. If you do let your kids ride to school, at what...
  20. M

Places to ride - Ballarat

Can someone give me a few ideas on where to take a mate for a ride around Ballarat? I`ve just given my old MTB to a friend in Ballarat on the condition that he gives up smoking and challenged him to beat me. Should be good incentive as he won`t be able to cope with the idea that I`m better at...