Search results

1. McSweeney

I suck at thread titles - Urgent help

Ok this is an epic long-shot but i have a picture of my cranks, which thanks to god, are stuck. And when i say stuck, i mean stuck. I have searched and searched and tried everything, i literally hit the 10mm allen key with a hammer and ended up bending the end, not a single movement from the...
  2. McSweeney

Quick pic from the locals.

Just a single pic from the tracks today. Went out filming, took a single still shot(well sam did) and i liked it. Me in the blue, Joe D Riding, god his bike is sexual.
  3. McSweeney

The Muscle and Weight Gain Thread

Sorry about the lame title, it's off topic so i think i might just get away with it. Anyway, Im currently playing No. 8 in rugby for my school(Rugby Union). I weigh about 75/76kg so im not tiny for my age, i outweigh a few of my competitor No. 8's(Im 16) so im alright in that sense. But my...
  4. McSweeney

F*** My Life - Guaranteed laugh.

Just got sent this by a gal-pal of mine, Thought i'd post it up. Gave me some sore stomach muscles after the first 3 pages. Have a read through and maybe post your favourite, i think it's hilarious. Sorry if it's already been done before. http://www.fmylife.com/ Cheers, Will.
  5. McSweeney

Another attempt - Now with tripod.

G'day again, 3rd attempt at this video making thing, but now i've got a tripod, though at some points even i question if i was using it, im still a bit shaky with the movements and shit. Basically my response last time was to do some movement with the camera, not just still videos, so i...
  6. McSweeney

Helmet visors.

Gday, Im looking to paint my Giro mad max II helmet, it's pretty scratched up. It has one of those pathetically small, lame-looking visors on it though, and i was wondering if it was possible for me to buy a THE or TLD replacement visor(One of each happens to come in a colour similar to the...
  7. McSweeney

Currumbin - Gold Coast - LG Viewty Test

G'day farkin, Just got back from 2 weeks at Currumbin on the Gold Coast. While i was there, i happened to have my new LG Viewty phone with me, and as it is intended to be a phone for taking photo's, i thought what better time to test it out. *I didnt know where to put this, so this was my...
  8. McSweeney

Council inquiry or advice.

Hey guys, Just after a bit of advice, hopefully from some people involved in councils/trailcare programs or just anyone with some knowledge of this area. Out for a ride this arvo at the locals, me and my mate, cruising around on our dh rigs, and 2 'Absolute maddogs' on their moto's hoon...
  9. McSweeney

XC Very Sexy Chumba HX1

Just posting this for a mate Who's in Sydney for Chrissy, so the spec list will be very partial as im going on looks, and when he gets back i will update it. I now present, Eddie's new, very sexy, very sleek, CHUMBA HX1 XC RIDE! Spec List as of my brain: Frame...
  10. McSweeney

Another amateur Attempt.

Well since my last attempt went down in flames, i took all the advice everyone gave me, and tried to edit it and add new footage, according to the advice you guys said. Hope this is a tad better, criticism is needed please, just not get a better camera,cant afford. Buying a tripod tomorrow as...
  11. McSweeney

Debuild & Rebuild Info

Sorry guys, did a search on a small bits and pieces i needed to know, and still have a few unanswered questions. This is about painting my yeti DH-9, but no it isn't another, how do i paint my frame thread... I know how to paint it, i just always assumed taking the bike apart and...
  12. McSweeney

Tough Pedals and Chainguides

Gday again, My bike (DH9) has an insanely low bottom bracket that I'm still adjusting too. My birthday is coming up and I'm looking to grab some new pedals and a new chainguide. The reason behind this is a) Cos my chainguide now is a heavy as all shit thing and im looking to lower the weight b)...
  13. McSweeney

Illinbah Nationals 2008 Video.

MY mate Sam Reiser's first attempt ever at video making, turned out great IMO. Hope you enjoy, http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=tAB3R0ExJHQ Will.
  14. McSweeney

Local DH Push runs.

Just thought i'd put up a vid of the past day of riding at our local tracks. Keep in mind it was all done with a dodgy digital camera and no tripod, but it was the best i could do. The picture slideshow at the end is basically because it wasnt long enough. C&C Welcome, just dont say get a new...
  15. McSweeney

Yeti Headtube

Did a search, nothing. Just wondering if anyone knew if a 04 Yeti DH-9 had a 1.5' Headtube? Please dont just say measure, i dont want to take everything off and shit, i just thought i'd post it up if anyone happened to know, it looks big, but it could just be fat metal yeti use. Thanks, Will.
  16. McSweeney

Yeti DH-9 BB Size?

Did a search, didnt find a lot. Dont know how to measure. Would anyone happen to know what the size of my bottom bracket is on my 2004 Yeti DH-9? Im looking at buying some new saint cranks and im wondering if some 83mm BB size ones will fit? Thanks, Will.
  17. McSweeney

My new Hair Rig Of a beast of a bike.

Hey everyone, Picked this little(big) demon up from Darshan Churchill last night and it's in for a shock rebuild, but from riding it on the driveway im pumped. It's very alive, the rear end moves going over cracks in our driveway paving, and the dorado's kick the shit through their normal bad...
  18. McSweeney

Yeti DH-9 Hub

Did a search, didnt find much. Im thinking of buying a yeti dh-9 second hand, dad said yes, IF i can explain the situation to him. As i understand it is a 20mm rear hub, which was only made specially for the bike by razor rock hubs.(It might not be 20mm, please correct me). I told him...
  19. McSweeney

Pro's And Con's - Yeti DH-9

I did a search, but you find when you search anything with demo you get 1,000,000 PYR threads and for sale threads. So, im thinking of getting a 2004 Specialized Demo 9 PRO for $1700. It has 888's and a swinger 4 way. Firstly, is that price worth it? Im not used to pricing demo's...
  20. McSweeney

Downhill bike.

Item: Complete Downhill bike, not a giant dh comp/team. Location: I live in brisbane, i'd pay postage from anywhere though. Price range/Willing to Pay: Between 1500 and 2100. Extra Info: Preferably something with 8 inches travel or more.