Search results

1. billymtb

Speeding is bad, mmkay?

Great post, agree with everything. Another thing that's interesting is that I asked my brother the biggest thing he learnt from taking a protective driver's course that he could apply to everyday driving. He said he was very surprised at how much room you actually need between cars in the...
  2. billymtb

Sram Guide olive and barb keeps leaking

No worries, thanks anyway
  3. billymtb

Every time I have used a new barb and olive, if you had a spare that would be great mate. You are probably right about the lever assembly, I can see a lot of scratches inside from so many attempts. Awesome how SRAM doesn't sell the levers separately and sending it back to CRC is such a...
  4. billymtb

Yup nothing is missing, barb is threaded in until flush
  5. billymtb

This is after having the exact thread length exposed. Olive looks absolutely fine. But it's interesting to know where a seal is made? The olive makes a seal with the cable/barb at both ends? but does the olive seal the lever and compression nut at the top or bottom.
  6. billymtb

Doesn't look mangled at all, just compressed You beautiful man. Thanks brother.
  7. billymtb

Yup that's another alternative I was thinking about, so I measured my good brake side and it's showing more thread than the bad side. Perhaps I am over tightening then. Any one have a measurement for the thread showing on their guides?
  8. billymtb

Yeah, it's the correct barb and olive. Gone up to 7nm now
  9. billymtb

How do I know if it's steel or alloy? Thanks for the pic btw
  10. billymtb

I've re-installed a new olive and barb on my SRAM guide 4 times to try and stop a slow weep from between the compression nut and the hose. Thought it was because my line cut wasn't straight enough so bought a hydraulic hose cutter on ebay and did everything perfectly including putting some DOT...
  11. billymtb

Tyre Pressures

In Perth I could run 24 f 28 r. But when I went to hong kong I put multiple flat spots in my wheels even at 31 - 34 (95kg btw). I had to go higher but lost so much traction and control that I ordered super gravity tyres instead of the current maxxis exo just so I could run lower without pinch...
  12. billymtb

AM Blank slate - Transition Covert

where did you get that huge tub of ISO alcohol?
  13. billymtb

RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 200x57mm Debon air

Spent ages looking for this shock online and was always getting a price $600 aud, thanks heaps mate!
  14. billymtb

RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 200x57mm Debon air

Item: RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 200x57mm Debon air Location: Perth, willing to pay postage Price range/Willing to Pay:Around $350, negotiable Extra Info: A med-med tune is ideal
  15. billymtb

Make it Reign: 2015 Giant Reign & Anthem SX

I haven't tried a short cage on my reign, but thinking of going with the zee over a med cage xt. But didn't know if the reign had too much chain growth and would need to run the b tension all the way out.
  16. billymtb

Make it Reign: 2015 Giant Reign & Anthem SX

How's the short cage working out for you? are you able to get good shifting performance or do you reckon a medium cage would be better.
  17. billymtb

Ghetto Tubeless leak

Are the two holes from pinch flatting the tyre? are they just a hole or is it more like a cut/rip? As T-rex said, when you corner the sidewalls of the tyre will want to stretch and its quite a lot of force, a cut will want to open up. Stans isn't designed for this, it plugs holes and acts as a...
  18. billymtb

Ghetto Tubeless leak

Haha I love this, "I'm just going to ignore all this helpful advice and yell MOAR STANS"
  19. billymtb

Large sum of money stolen from hotel room

knew I should have included an asterisk *crime rate not including random acts of flying roundhouse kicks
  20. billymtb

Large sum of money stolen from hotel room

Have a look at the crime rate in Hong Kong vs Australia. If you were brought up in Hong Kong your street smart and crime smart would be a lot lower than living in Australia, couple this with the fact that she barely travels (It's her mums first time out of china) and you have someone who is...