Search results

1. M

Shock pumps

Anyone have any recommendations for a well made reliable shock pump with gauge? I've been using a stock from the box Fox unit but the head on it has started not engaging threads properly and I'm worried about damaging the threads on my fork and shock so I'm going to move on. I was a little...
  2. M

10 speed is here

http://www.singletrackworld.com/2010/04/shimano-dyna-sys-xt-and-slx-10-speed/ I can't say I'm sold on any of the problems that they've "solved". If you know how to shift all points seem moot. When the 9 speed supplies dry up, I'll think about it. Thoughts everyone?
  3. M

Posting frames from America

Hey all. I have to warranty a frame that I bought in the US (damn holiday spending). Posting over is easy enough, but I have to arrange posting back as well via a mate over there. Anyone have any experience posting a frame from the USA? Which companies are the best to go for? Rough...
  4. M

My collection. MKIII, ATX DH2 and STP

Long over due, my current collection. I consider myself pretty lucky to have so many toys. All were built to a budget for particular duties. The ATX DH predominantly came from farkins trading area, and was a few years in the build. Thanks to all those who sold me parts cheap! :) All bikes...
  5. M

Drop off tuning

Hey all, Just got an old 2005 STP to muck with and I'm trying to work out the Drop off forks on it. When I inflate them to the recommended range for my weight, they turn into a solid brick! No movement at all. Even only running positive air and no preload they are rock hard and shite...
  6. M

Bar width

What bar width do you go for street/jumps? I know it's personal preference, but I need a starting point. Cheers
  7. M

SA 50mm 25.4 stem

Please delete this thread, found a good option. Sorry for the time waste.
  8. M

Bolt up axle torque

Hey guys, I've converted a Shimano FH-M475 rear hub to bolt up with a chromoly axle. Any ideas what sort of torque is appropriate for doing one of these up? Cheers
  9. M

2005 or 2006 Fox 32 stanchions.

Item: 2005 or 2006 Fox fork stanchions. Location: Adelaide Price range/Willing to Pay: $150 Extra Info: I'm looking for a set of 2005 or 2006 Fox fork stanchions. I have some 2006 Fox Vanilla's with stuffed stanchions that I'd like to get working, they are in good nick otherwise. So if...
  10. M

My MKIII

My new ride! Apologies for the bad camera phone photo, I dropped my digital recently so it doesn't work so well. I bought this bike in the US earlier this year after I got knocked off my previous good bike late last year. Insurance paid for most of it, and the IH MKIII Sport that I used...
  11. M

Which SPD shoe?

G'day folks. I've already posted this in parts and stuff, but didn't get too much of a response, I hope no one mines me moving it here. I'm looking for a new set of shoes for use with my Time Z's. I'm after something soft soled that I can walk around in as they'll be used for commuting as...
  12. M

Which SPD shoe?

What's everyone's recommendation for SPD shoes at the moment? I have a pair of Adidas at the moment that have served me well for quite a few years, but the sole is stuffed and peeling off around the toe. I've run shimanos before, which were quite good, but if I can get something even more...
  13. M

Fox vanilla 2006 internals in 2005 chassis.

Does anyone know if Fox Vanilla 2006 internals go in a 2005 chassis? Specifically, the stantions and bushings in my 2006 RLC's are stuffed, and there are some 2005 Vanilla R's around for a good price. I'm not fussed about the spring side, but I'd like to put in the better damping cartridge...
  14. M

Just for something different - Nico Vouilloz

God, wish I could dominate both my favourite hobbies! http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1396&Itemid=2
  15. M

2004 Boxxer WC Question

G'day all. I have just grabbed some second hand Boxxer WC's and I'm trying to decide how it all goes together. Rebound side is OK, but Compression side seems to have a hell of a lot of preload. I've pulled them appart, and they have the longer white spacer on top, and at the bottom of...
  16. M

Front Hope XC

Item: Front Hope XC, 32 hole Location: Adelaide Item Condition: Brand New Reason for selling: Getting wheelset instead. Price and price conditions: $90 o.n.o. Extra Info: Looks pretty Pictures:yes
  17. M

Fox lock out broken

G'day everyone, I've got a set of '06 Fox Vanilla RLC's which I recently changed the seals on. They worked fine for a while, but every now and then the lockout stopped working. I'd unlock, cycle the fork and then it would lockout fine. Well now it's stopped working completely. I assume...
  18. M

$h0rty

Does anyone know $h0rty? He seems to have disappeared, and I'd like to talk to him regarding a trade. Thanks
  19. M

Avid Juicys with Shimano XT centre lock rotors.

Currently got 6" Juicy 5's, thinking about my next wheel build. Will the 160mm Shimano XT centre lock rotors work? Anyone tried? Thanks
  20. M

Melrose magazine article

Hello everyone! I'm hoping to get some help from the MTB community! I'm heading up to Melrose, in the Southern Flinders ranges, South Australia, this weekend. I used to have an AMB magazine that had a "Places that rock" article about it, but I can't find the magazine. Is anyone with...