Search results

1. P

are we being scammed with the high AUS dollar?

Then what the bike shops here should do is do what Chainreaction did in the beginning. They bought grey import stuff from Taiwan to cut out the middleman. This pissed off a lot of LBS and distros as suddenly they were not make as much money. At the end of the day a bike shop is a business and if...
  2. P

Have I been f#@ked over by BSC bike store melbourne going bust ?

But the OP isn't a creditor nor was he paying something off on layaway, he has bought something that the shop hasnt given him. That is stealing. Here we go with the goody two shoes morally wrong but not technically illegal. If the owner of the new shop was the owner of the old shop then he owes...
  3. P

Have I been f#@ked over by BSC bike store melbourne going bust ?

New shop So who actually owns the new shop? If you don't get your groupsets just go in and take something of similar value from the shelf.
  4. P

Leaving Your Job

Another coincidence here too. I'm looking at leaving my job too. I have only been with the company about 6 months but I'm not really in love with living in Australia (sorry!). I have been offered and accepted a job in Vancouver which comes with a perm residency visa. The visa will take 10 weeks...
  5. P

Like a glory but a bit better looking

Frame - Glory 01 size large Rear shock - Elka stage 5 Front shock/fork - Boxxer RC2C Handlebars - Answer protaper Stem - answer DM Headset - No idea Grips - Some random giant ones Saddle - Fizik something or other Seatpost - Thomson elite Front brake - Avid elixir R Rear brake - Avid...
  6. P

have there been many drug cheats in mountain biking?

Not the same but Missy Giove and Myles rockwell?
  7. P

Sold

Sold ya get me
  8. P

What bike does your partner ride?

My Girlfriend rides a Nicolai BMXTB with light parts but its a bit too small so I got her a Meta 4x with a dropper post. I think the right size mans bike is fine.
  9. P

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Bought some Spinergy fall line wheels, black rims and hubs with White pbo spokes
  10. P

Shane warne hates cyclists!!!

Yes indeed, You clearly don't get what I was talking about. "I saw some bad cyclists once so all cyclist are bad" is fairly stupid. I too cycle regularly and the majority of riders I see are observant, respectful and obey the law which is more than I can say for some of the driving I have seen...
  11. P

Shane warne hates cyclists!!!

So from what i can gather from the cyclist and witness' story is that Warne had pulled out into an intersection which already had traffic in it which wasn't moving, so that he didnt have to wait for another traffic light cycle. This is what causes congestion in cities, impatient wankers. Plus he...
  12. P

Obscore/Rare/Dream DH Bikes ?

Old bike/Mad bikes.......... Here are the obscure bikes i have had / still have. Its funny, I never actually thought about it but I have had quite a few weird / very rare bikes. In fact most bikes I have had were rare. First Dh bike back in 2000 was a Raleigh DHO. Bought off one of the Irish...
  13. P

Uni life thread

I agree with the graduate thing. A friend works for a small consultancy flying around fixing problems (Geotech) for mines. One mine he goes to the Underground manager is 28 and has never worked anywhere else and has the "I know everything" attitude. My mate tried to explain that sending guys...
  14. P

Uni life thread

I know exactly what is required from a mining engineer in todays industry as i have worked in a few different mines. I used to work as a Geologist but gave it up about 3 years ago for Mine Geotechnical Engineering also. In my experience (While doing the job of a Geo, surveyor and Mining...
  15. P

Uni life thread

Mining Engineering is the loosest use of the word Engineering I have ever seen. Most Mining engineers spend their days patting each others backs and making really bad excel sheets. The sad thing about the industry is that management are made up of them and they are given a leg up over everyone else.
  16. P

06 Specialized SX Trail I

Depending on your height, I would look at getting a pair of low rise bars on there. In fact now that I think about it I just took a pair of Giant own brand 750mm bars off my Glory brand new if you want them for a few quid?
  17. P

DH 2011 Glory 01

So, not posted on here in a while as I was back home in Ireland but I'm back working in Tas and just got a new bike. Its pretty standard but I'm pretty happy with it. I was really impressed with the spec for the money and originally I was going to buy a New DHR but when I found this for sale I...
  18. P

Yarra ranges tracks

Yarra ranges Yo, Living in Melbourne but looking to build some trails out in the Yarra Ranges. I am from Ireland and have been building trails for 10 years. From looking at Google maps I have a few place I want to go and have a look at, out around Warburton. Anyone want any help building and...
  19. P

Mount Isa!

isa What do you do in Mt Isa that keeps you there?Im a geologist and im looking at working in a xstrata mine north of the town. Too right on the reasons for moving there, money money money! If i do move there ill be the guy buying a brand new nicolai! How harsh is harsh terrain anyway...
  20. P

Mount Isa!

Isa I was looking on google earth at the area alright but it looks pretty flat around there except for a few "mountains" outside the town. One called black mountain looks to be of an alright size. How rocky is rocky because some of our tracks here at home are pretty rocky and wet and they ride...