Yarra ranges tracks

ozmanick

Likes Dirt
Is there any one living in Selby, Belgrave, Emerald, Gembrook or close to those areas that wants to give me a hand making trails, i've started making one, found a place for another one and am looking for other places to make trails. YES I KNOW ABOUT ILEGAL TRAILS and i am trying to get the government to help me out with this(Unlikely but it's worth a shot)

latheboy

Likes Dirt
I'm in Upwey but Emerald is my old stomping ground...

If i can get the time i'd be up for helping out... After all the bitching that goes on at Doongalla it'd be nice to go somewhere else.

big geoff

Likes Dirt
hey mate i live to build and i have a couple of trails up in bunyip (5 mins from Gembrook) check out the vid in "phat vids" titled a trail were building near (ish) warburton. pm me if you wanna bet yo build on.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
hey, I'm happy to help out :) we need more trails around this area :) the trails big geoff is talking about look pretty sick, i've never heard about the ones in Bunyip though, could you pm me about them?
Bryce

pwadjo

Likes Bikes
Yarra ranges

Yo,
Living in Melbourne but looking to build some trails out in the Yarra Ranges. I am from Ireland and have been building trails for 10 years. From looking at Google maps I have a few place I want to go and have a look at, out around Warburton. Anyone want any help building and if going from Melbourne hit me a PM ( I don't have a car yet)

Aussie Biker

Likes Bikes
Just wondering if there were any trails built around Warburton? I nkow there is some good riding out that way.

PM me if you like. I'm based close to the Yarra Valley.

Ta.

Hud

Likes Dirt
Join Yarra Ranges Mountain Bikers on Facebook. We are an advocacy group working to legalise and build more trails in the Yarra Valley.
We have a good relationship with the local Rangers and land managers. As a matter of fact we are finalising our assessment of the Silvan trails this saturday. After that we are having a social ride and perhaps a BBQ if there is enough people around.
Good things are going to happen in the Dandenongs and Warburton, though things do move slowly.
The social ride is going to start at noon at the overflow carpark opposite the main entrance to the Silvan Dam picnic area.

Aussie Biker

Likes Bikes
Join Yarra Ranges Mountain Bikers on Facebook. We are an advocacy group working to legalise and build more trails in the Yarra Valley.
We have a good relationship with the local Rangers and land managers. As a matter of fact we are finalising our assessment of the Silvan trails this saturday. After that we are having a social ride and perhaps a BBQ if there is enough people around.
Good things are going to happen in the Dandenongs and Warburton, though things do move slowly.
The social ride is going to start at noon at the overflow carpark opposite the main entrance to the Silvan Dam picnic area.
Gday Hud,

Thanks heaps for info mate I really appreciate it. I'm not on Facebook unfortunatly but I might need to join as so many things are these need a Facebook accoount. I live at the foothills of the Dandenongs in around 98-2000 and used to ride the Silvan area approx 3 times a week. I also used to ride from Montrose over the mountain down to Silvan Dam and back via Mt Evelyn to Montrose.

Last edited:

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
wrights forest

there were some good tracks there, but destroyed by new firebreaks

I live 5 mins from there and ride there quite often
Is it worth going out there? I see there is a loop in Wright forest on strava, but only one guy is on the leader board.
cheers