Search results

1. Tallman

SOLD - Fox DHX-5 (8.75" x 2.75")

Item: 8.75" x 2.75" Fox DHX-5 (off a Santa Cruz V-10) Location: Wollongong, NSW Item Condition: Reasonably good, check the photos Reason for selling: Got an RC-4 Price and price conditions: Chuck us some offers! Extra Info: Can include a 400 x 2.8 Fox spring if you want that too. Shock is...
  2. Tallman

NSW SOLD - Titanium 450 x 3.0 spring

Item: 450 x 3.0 Titanium spring Location: Wollongong, NSW, 2500 Item Condition: Brilliant, no real scratches last time I looked Reason for selling: Just a little soft for me so I'd love a Ti for my weight Price and price conditions: Throw us some offers, you may be surprised! Extra Info...
  3. Tallman

Santa Cruz V-10.3

Finally built up my own V-10 after years of wanting one, so tell me what you think! The grips were sitting in a spare parts box I had so I just chucked them on. Front rotor is 6" because I didn't have a post mount for the caliper for my 8" disc...should've looked into that when I ordered them...
  4. Tallman

Different stroke springs on different stroke shocks

Hey guys, I know this topic has been covered on many sites but I couldn't find an absolute definite answer. My problem is I have a 450 x 3.0 Ti spring for my '08 Glory, and am wondering if I could put it on an '09 V-10? The spring on the V-10 says 400 x 2.75 and going off the Santa Cruz website...
  5. Tallman

Stanchion issues

So.... my left stanchion (air side) in 2008 Boxxer World Cups has a bit of worn coating off it because of running out of oil at a recent weekend of riding and thus now with the oil topped up is leaking considerably. Short of new forks, what are my options here? I'm on a uni student...
  6. Tallman

Getting ones money back from a member...

Soooo, I had an agreement with Ns_Sharpy to give him money for his Norco 250. It has been past a couple of months and he has not even replying to me anymore. Short of getting someone in Melbourne to visit him and have "words" with him, what can I do with this idiot? Police aren't into stuff...
  7. Tallman

Panniers, racks + touring

So I'm most likely going touring with one of my Bro's and a good mate of his on January 1st, 2010. I have a Fuji Roubaix Pro which doesn't have any mounts for racks, and the clearance between the legs of the forks is ~32 mm (I think...). I've been recommended Mr. Tuffy tyre liners with...
  8. Tallman

Building up a computer - help needed

Hi all, I'm looking at building up my own computer in the coming month or so, and need some help/opinions. This will be the computer that I'll take with me to do mechanical engineering at Uni next year, so: - Needs to be powerful, ie able to handle engineering based programs (one of my...
  9. Tallman

Headset troubles - Glory

So, I've got an '08 Giant Glory DH0, and for a few months now the headset has been loosening itself it seems. For example, just this morning I cleaned both cups of the headset, and then re-packed them with grease and the bearings. I tightened the bolt the extends into the stem (sorry, mind...
  10. Tallman

Boxxer servicing - help please!

Hi all, firstly, I've just gone through many many posts on here re. servicing Boxxers and haven't quite found what I wanted. This video right, will what he does work for 2007 Boxxer World Cups? If I follow exactly what he does (except the oil levels that I'll get off the Sram site) with my...
  11. Tallman

20mm axles

Having just attempted to do up my 20mm axle on 2007 Boxxer World Cups, and discovering that the thread is near all stripped, I am in need of a new axle! My problem is that I don't want to get a Maxle 360 (with the QR lever) because, frankly, the levers give me the shits. I prefer to carry a...
  12. Tallman

WTB - Giant Glory <$3000

Item: Giant Glory (complete bike) Location: Orange, NSW, but will arrange postage Willing to Pay: <$3000 Extra Info: Needs to be of size medium or large (17" and 18" I believe?), also preferably '08 or '09.
  13. Tallman

Beginner roadie <$2000

Hi all, I have finally decided that I want to buy a new roadie (as good as my $40 tip roadie is, I think a new bike is in order...!), and am wondering what everyone's opinions are on bikes <$2000 new. I'm about 85kg and 6"6', so I guess a frame on the large side would be necessary. I have...
  14. Tallman

Buying a V-10 from the US or AUS?

Hey all, well I finish school this year and am planning a trip to Whistler mid next year. However, I want a new bike before then, and would love a Santa Cruz V-10. My problem is I will be short on money if I buy a brand new full kitted V-10. So, I'm thinking that I could buy a frame + shock...
  15. Tallman

Mt. Canobolas 28.06.08

Hey all, just a few shots from today up the mountain. I don't know how we can stop the blurriness because we're shooting in a reasonably dark forest (even on a bright day, it's dark in the forest). We are panning etc. but the shutter speed is too slow for the movement, yet the picture is...
  16. Tallman

Bundeena

Gday all, just wondering if there's any riding in or near Bundeena. I'll be there on the weekend of the 16th and 17th of this month with family. Cheers
  17. Tallman

Photography tips/help

Hey all, after taking some snaps yesterday at our local track and being disappointed in the majority being blurred, I have decided that I must ask for some advice. For all you photographers out there, how do you catch shots that aren't blurred? The shots I am taking are in a pine forest...
  18. Tallman

DaBomb hubs

Gday all, well, my Axiom hub has destroyed iteslf this week for some reason, though I have only had the bike for a year and two months, so the hub should be fine, but what happened is the ratchets for the engaging mechanism have worn so very quickly, therefore it does not engage anymore. I'm...
  19. Tallman

Partly-pimped 2006 Shore 3?

Well here's my current pride and joy. My first "proper" bike as well. Bought last Christmas and gradually upgraded from there. Taken the front derailleur off also, makes things easier. Yes, it's a tank of a bike, but it rides really well. Next upgrade will be new forks though I'm thinking...
  20. Tallman

TLD T-Bones & 661 Kyle Strait knee pads

Hi guys, I've been searching and reading up on other posts about the above two products but haven't found what I'm after. Im wondering if the above two products (TLD T-Bones & 661 Kyle Strait knee pads) are just soft foam pads or are they foam and a hard shell protector on the knee? I'm...