Search results

1. J

How fast?

This is from my GPS data, going down from burtons well in the Bunya Mtns an my MTB with 2.2 knobbies 105 29/03/2008 8:53:47 AM 710 m 26 m 0:00:01 92 km/h 68° true S26 48.122 E151 33.883 I am only a flyweight, and one of my mates went past me pretty quickly. He reckoned he clocked 101km/hr
  2. J

The Single Speed Thread

Eww loose the green grips.
  3. J

Internally Geared Hub?

I have had an Alfine 8 setup for nearly 3 years now, and have ridden it in all conditions and it hasnt missed a beat. However, I am fully aware that I could completely wreck it within a month if I rode it like a derailleur setup. As a result, I only ever ride with it when the weather turns nasty...
  4. J

2010 SingleSpeed World Championship NZ!!!!!!!!

Mmmm. here's a thought. I am making alot of assumptions here, but lets assume there will be 4 beer shortcuts. Now if there are 900 riders and 1/2 of those riders take the beer shortcut on 2 of the 4 shortcuts, thats at least 900 beers on the course. Bare minimum. If I was the organiser I...
  5. J

The Single Speed Thread

I will be riding this little puppy at the Waka100 and the worlds.
  6. J

sunshine coast rides

Anyone got any GPS plots of the trails on the Sunshine coast?
  7. J

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

I will 2nd that one Synconate. I did a 2 man event and my partner and I rode all night on these lights, and both of us only had to swap the helmet battery over. No recharging needed. There seemed to be more AYUPs than any other individual lighting system. This Aussie product certainly shone...
  8. J

2007 Mtba Australian Marathon Mtb Championships

Mmm, I was hoping that the flight Centre epic would host them again. Looks a trip to Coffs later in the year now. Hopefully the 500 cap will reduce the number of gumbies competing.
  9. J

Post Your XC Machine

Gary Fisher 29er Paragon Main frame Platinum Series ZR9000 internally and externally butted aluminum | Genesis 29" Geometry Fork RockShox Reba Race Air 29, 80mm traavel Headset Cane Creek S3 Crank Bontrager Race GXP 44/32/22 Pedals Shimano XTR Front...
  10. J

The good HID lights are probably about 10-15% brighter than the Ayups, but considering the prices, burntime and weight of the system, it is easy to forget the this difference when you are out in the bush 40km from home with 1000m of climbing to get home.
  11. J

I'll vouch for the AY-UP lights, as I have been a test bunny for the last year or so, and have seen first hand the amount of R & D that has gone into this system. They should be on sale mid March. Visit www.ayup.com.au