2010 SingleSpeed World Championship NZ!!!!!!!!

Timbers

Likes Dirt
Oh SHIT YES! any details? when where? Roto for sure yeah? whats the qualification process to represent?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Qualify? You enter and race. I know the disorganizers of the Australian SS Champs this year are already onto the RSS to try to blag an entry for the Aus Champs and possibly a couple of others.

akashra

Eats Squid
Oh SHIT YES! any details? when where? Roto for sure yeah? whats the qualification process to represent?
Qualification requirements are any of the following:
- Have consumed at least one alcoholic beverage in the last 12 months.
- Have at least one tattoo
- Can afford a plane ticket to NZ.

Win

Likes Dirt
Good mix of nationalities in there, Brits, Dutch, German, SA, Swiss, Dane, Belge
Few too many kiwis and yanks but hey, we will have to "put up":D

Win

Likes Dirt
Wasn't this originally capped, that was why a lot of us entered on the first day
900 entrants, what on earth are they going to do with them all, the first few (many) kilometres are going to be a shit fight
900x$95=$85500...nice

Mmmm. here's a thought.
I am making alot of assumptions here, but lets assume there will be 4 beer shortcuts.
Now if there are 900 riders and 1/2 of those riders take the beer shortcut on 2 of the 4 shortcuts, thats at least 900 beers on the course. Bare minimum.
If I was the organiser I would probably allow double that just in case.
I reckon there would be a riot if it ran dry.

Now if the course is a lap race, (god help us if it is, because that will probably give us about 11metres of track each if everyone manages to spread out),
there is going to be a pile of nearly 80 cartons of beer.
Thats a big pile.
If it is kegs and we get 300ml glasses thats about 14x 40l kegs.
Still a big pile.

If the race is one big loop with the shortcuts along the way, the organisers will have to allow for even more beer as they wont know where or when we will stop for our beer shortcut.
So lets have a stab and predict 30 cartons at each beer stop or 4 kegs.

Either way thats alot of good beer to cart into the bush and leave beside a track.
I hope they have thought of security guards, because if there was that much beer lying around in the bush at my local trails, and word got out, there would probably be a bit of strife with the locals.

I know that if it is a lap race and I get stuck behind too many backrunners on my 2nd lap, I am going to swap my racing jersey for my drinking jersey and finish the race plastered, even if the beer tastes like sh#ite and is warm.

Now on a serious note, who has entered the Wakka100?

Last edited:

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
sniff sniff

A response to my very kindly worded email to the SSWC guys:

You being soft has been noted and there will be a list of shame on the website in the next week.