Search results

1. M

[Adelaide] WTB:Front derailleur shim

No worries, knuckles. Yeah, I have a nice new 34.9 derailleur. Looks like it's time to bust out the 3D printing.
  2. M

No luck Knuckles? Was just in Anaconda and saw a whole bunch on their bikes. How can this stupid piece of plastic not exist in the wild? :D
  3. M

Item: Shim for front derailleur 34.9 to 31.8mm Location: Adelaide. Will play for postage. Item Condition: Decent to excellent. Price and price conditions: Not much :D Extra Info: Not much to say. I'd like a piece of plastic. Hopefully someone has a spare lying around.
  4. M

NSW XT FD-M760A Front Derailleur SOLD

Excuse me sir. I would like to buy your banana tasting derailleur!!! PM sent.
  5. M

Slipping seat post totally doing my head in!

***Goes to check my bikes*** Mind you, mine are aluminium and I suspect that the clamp on mine will still work.
  6. M

Bargain buys thread

I replaced a set recently. Velociraptors had been sittin on my shelf for about 8-10 years. Work fine. No cracks or other damage. I seem to recall buying 4 of them for $60. Was a super bargain.
  7. M

Something new(ish) from Focus suspension-wise?

Yeah. I was expecting it to look different to the more common single pivot bikes. Main thing with the idrive/freedrive system is the single pivot is very high, which results in fairly rearward axle arc.
  8. M

Something new(ish) from Focus suspension-wise?

Just out of curiosity, have you got one for I-drive/freedrive bikes?
  9. M

VIC SOLD On-One Inbred SS 26er-Med/18"

Sorry. I'm out too. Girlfriend wants a black or grey fork.
  10. M

VIC SOLD On-One Inbred SS 26er-Med/18"

Registering interest in the Reba (pending waldog not buying it and some additional info).
  11. M

Rotorburn Brake Banter

It's a black plastic part. Unless you pull the lever off you want be able to see much.
  12. M

Rotorburn Brake Banter

I've disassembled M785s to see how it works. IIRC The screw sits against a hinged plastic part that pushes on the back of the master cylinder. It does work (as in it does what it's designed to do). It's just naff at how effectively it works.
  13. M

Rotorburn Brake Banter

Ok, here goes. Old hardtail - swapped from Shimano Deore M525s to a hybrid M525 Lever & M755 caliper (cause I could). I didn't use the XT levers because they had 90º banjos which I didn't like and my m525 levers were pretty nice. Old dual suspension - swapped from Avid Juicy 7's to some...
  14. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Or, if you really have trouble with it, run a zip tie or bit of string through the chain to hold it together. I've done that before to deal with a seized up quick link.
  15. M

Best valued second hand All Mountain Dually - Suggestions

There's this if you're in Queensland want to spend a bit more. However you may then avoid the sale and repurchase down the track. :D https://www.bikeexchange.com.au/a/27-5-dual-suspension-mountain-bikes/specialized/qld/paddington/enduro-evo-650b/102847638
  16. M

VIC Sold

But 650B is 27.5, isn't it?
  17. M

Is my chain worn?

That's what she said.
  18. M

The last movie you've last watched last

What have I seen lately. Civil War: Excellent. Ghostbusters: Really liked it. I can see it getting a spot in my "ridiculous team come together and win, plus shenanigans" film genre collection, alongside Super Troopers, the original ghostbusters, etc. Star Trek: Beyond: Really glad they...
  19. M

Is my chain worn?

Maybe. Wouldn't hurt to also check that your derailleur lines up with the large cog and isn't slightly off.