What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Top effort.

Was out that way on the MTB riding myself yesterday morning & then took the kiddies out to Natural Arch.
Nothing but respect to you guys riding those hills (with that traffic !)
Cheers! Must say the general interaction between cars and bikes was excellent. I had no issues whatsoever at any stage, and that was one of my worries.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Well done mate that's a huge effort! Great time. Did you have a time you wanted to finish in?

I am doing the Falls Creek 3 peaks in March and my goal is to finish in the 12 hour time slot. Sub 9 I can only dream.

Love the tarmac!
Thanks! I entered the day the event opened in April from memory and at the time said 9-10 hours as I really wasn't sure. I did that to force myself to train more (although I have been riding with this event in mind all year). In the last few weeks I felt I may be able to get under 9, but at the back of my mind I still had worries about even finishing.

The longest ride I had done until yesterday was 135km. (but that included some of the climbs from the event)

I would say that riding hills is more important that distance. I have been riding as many hills as I can (130000m of climbing so far this year) although I am also over 10000km, and I think that helped massively. I'm not that strong on the flat sections but I think I am pretty quick up hill. The event timings back that up.

I also ride a lot on my own and I think that helped as for about 100k of the ride yesterday I was on my own on, and some of that was on the flatter and long uphill drags.

Good luck with the training!!

Twelve

Likes Dirt
Put an order in for a Turner Sultan frame and most required parts - I was going to go with a Czar but it was just going to be too pricey in the end what with tax, shipping and import GST.

A little more travel never goes astray.

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Upgraded the rear cassette to a Wide Range, 11-40t.

Headed to the local for a late afternoon ride. For the first time ever I made it up the fire trail all the way without getting off. Pretty chuffed with myself! :llama:

The climb isn't very long, nor is it very steep, but it was those little pinch climbs that got me. I was nearly dead, huffing and puffing at the top, but I made it. Next goal is to do it quicker and at least twice in a ride.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Destroyed the free hub 20 minutes ago and am now in the car park tending the end of group ride fire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
I rode it! Got up at 6am and had my first ride before work since forever. Was so good getting out at sunrise and smashing out a lap of the Dam. Should help with my base fitness for tackling Mt Narra on weekends.

Z

Zaf

I rode it! Got up at 6am and had my first ride before work since forever. Was so good getting out at sunrise and smashing out a lap of the Dam. Should help with my base fitness for tackling Mt Narra on weekends.
Been noticing the sun is coming up earlier again. Gonna have to get my early rides on again soon before it gets too hot.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Put a new chain on the duallie. Luckily I had that third hand grafted on a while ago. Would've been a real prick of a job with only two.

stirk

Burner
Put a new chain on the duallie. Luckily I had that third hand grafted on a while ago. Would've been a real prick of a job with only two.
If you need three hands your doing it wrong!

If the task is so troublesome because of tension placed on the chain by the derailleur and the chain running over the cassette you could always do it with the rear wheel off the bike.

Martin.au

Likes Dirt
If you need three hands your doing it wrong!

If the task is so troublesome because of tension placed on the chain by the derailleur and the chain running over the cassette you could always do it with the rear wheel off the bike.
Or, if you really have trouble with it, run a zip tie or bit of string through the chain to hold it together. I've done that before to deal with a seized up quick link.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
When I'm putting a new chain on, I always measure the length on the bike, break the chain where I need to, then drop the chain off the chainring so when I put the pin or quick link through I don't have to fight the rear derailleur trying to join the two ends.