Recent content by Sumo

1. Sumo

Any One know of a good USA online shop

I've used CBO twice without any dramas, but I'd look at CRC's prices on the same items first. The pound isn't doing much better than the US dollar.
  2. Sumo

New XC/AM rims

I've got to agree. I'm running Arch without any problem on my do everything Heckler without any problems.
  3. Sumo

Brisbane to Gold Coast Oct 10th-Gathering people who are riding DH,DJ,4x,FR-READ THIS

I'm planning on doing it on my Santa Cruz Heckler set up as 1 x 9, although I'm planning on putting on slicks. I'd like to hook up if it's OK.
  4. Sumo

Lightest AM wheel discussion.

I guess that depends on rider weight and your definition of heavy abuse. Heavy abuse suggests a flogging, so maybe stick with the Flow.
  5. Sumo

Lightest AM wheel discussion.

Have you thoght about replacing the Stan's Flow with Stan's ZTR Arch? I'm running them on my Heckler without any dramas.
  6. Sumo

Tunes

Oh yeah, bring it on Baby, but throw in some Black Sabbath.:D
  7. Sumo

1 1/2 brace/shims to make a stem fit a 1 1/8 fork

Is this what you are after? http://www.cheapbikeparts360.com/products/syntace-1.5-steerer-clamp-reducer/
  8. Sumo

Old Dog, New Tricks?

I don't have to spend money to ride my bike.:o
  9. Sumo

Lightest 20mm hubs?

Tune, claimed weight 155 grams.
  10. Sumo

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

How old are you? 53 What state do you live? Queensland How long have you been riding? 20 years, 7 years BMX and 13 Mountain Bike. Whats styles of riding do you do? Mainly trails, but trying to find the balls to get back into DH. How often do you ride? Only getting out once a week...
  11. Sumo

Hubs galore

Have a look at Stans ZTR Arch. They weigh about 420 grams, so light enough for XC but should take a bit of abuse. I have been running them fo 12 months without a problem.
  12. Sumo

Awesome!

You are always too old to wear lycra. Cycling momentarily takes my mind off the fact that I don't have a sex life.:o
  13. Sumo

DH riding/racing for old dudes

So, if I understand you all correctly, what you are saying is that I can leave the deed to my sheepstation at home if I rock up to race? PS aged 53 and will be riding a Santa Cruz Heckler.
  14. Sumo

wrong on so many levels, ebay

Oooh, now that's nasty!:rolleyes:
  15. Sumo

Can brakes lockup on thier own?

If they were Formula brakes, I could believe it. On two occasions now, I have had my rear brake lock up to the point where the wheel would barely turn. Once when the bike hadn't been ridden for a week and the other while I was riding. The fist time my LBS took out a couple drops of fluid and all...