Recent content by mrx78u

1. M

2017 Trek Fuel EX carbon - crappy ISCG tab workmanship - Other owners opinions

Thanks for looking, much appreciated. Re: Dropper. Mine initially had a faulty cartridge which was replaced under warranty (Apparently they cost about $60 fyi) but in addition to that, as mine is a 9.8 and has 2x11, so i have the thumb switch rather than the under bar remote for the dropper as...
  2. M

Thanks. Yeah you're probably right about the MTBR thread but RB is usually my go to. Re: customer support, you're right but I want to check whether this is normal before I go busting my LBS's chops about it, took a fair bit of convincing to get them to send my dropper off for repair under...
  3. M

Hi, Just want to check whether anyone else has noticed this on 2017 carbon treks, basically crappy workmanship from the factory, looks like the ISCG tab was installed after frame painting then ground down by a 5 year old with a die grinder, at first it looks like dropped chain damage but...
  4. M

Help finding a frame mounted pump to fit bike with fat downtube (2017 Trek Fuel)

Thanks for the suggestions. rowdyflat, Not sure I understand what you mean by zip ties through the holes. 99FGT, I have to use a side mount cage on this frame as it is due to the small size of the front triangle, so that rules out gaining space that way and also eliminates the Lezyne cage...
  5. M

Help finding a frame mounted pump to fit bike with fat downtube (2017 Trek Fuel)

Hi, Yes i'm probably a dinosaur but I like to carry a frame mounted pump when i'm not racing and for local rides I don't like to carry a Camelbak, etc so it's nice to have my essentials attached to the frame. Trouble is that my new Trek Fuel EX has a very fat and square downtube so my...
  6. M

Trek EX8

Nice. Was going to pull the trigger on a 9 but hated the colour (like the black/red of the 8) ended up buying a 9.8. Only had a few rides so far and loving it.
  7. M

Bike Xmas presents

I got a new trek fuel ex, but the courier managed to lose it between the trek warehouse and shop so I got nothing instead :(
  8. M

Kudos - when customer service excels

CRC Again here, two XT shadow plus derailleurs with faulty clutches replaced under warranty with no questions asked and not the usual "Duh, we've never heard of that before" story for a common failure. Nick's at Springwood have done a couple of odd jobs for me here and there with no notice...
  9. M

1x10 setup with narrow wide ring breaking chains?

Good question, it may be impossible but I'd considered something similar to this, or at least partially jumping. Even if this happened though, I have no idea how to simulate it.
  10. M

Interesting that. Not enough detail in the reviews to tell if they have anything in common unfortunately. Never had any issues with XT 1x10 using NW until this bike though.
  11. M

This has been my experience too and Lol, how do you not notice the chain on the wrong teeth on a NW ring?
  12. M

Good thought but that wouldn't explain why the guide stopped it from happening (Assuming it's not just correlation)
  13. M

In the office so I don't have a pic. Chain isn't too short, still plenty of movement in cage at full compression, not a new build by the way, has been set up this way (with guide) for a year and a half at least. 42t by the way, giant cog/expensive dinner plate. Before you ask, broken chains...
  14. M

Hi Moorey, Craftworks FRX v3. Chain growth isn't significant (from memory). Something which comes to mind is that due to the short chain stay (420mm), the chain angle to the chain ring at the top and bottom cog is greater than on my trance (~435mm) though I doubt this would be very...