Kudos - when customer service excels

dunndog

Eats Squid
Jonny Sprockets in Tawoomba and Rod at Supersports sorted me out with my new Transition Patrol Carbon and I have to say, it was the easiest, most pleasurable purchasing experience I've ever had. And believe me, I've had a lot of purchasing experiences.

CRC customer service surprised me, I ordered XT M-8000 1x11 kit, when it arrived it came with 2 pieces of outer cable about 300mm long, not nearly enough for an externally routed frame, 1 email with an attached picture and a week later, i had about 5 meter's of outer cable delivered to my door free of charge!!

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
CRC Again here, two XT shadow plus derailleurs with faulty clutches replaced under warranty with no questions asked and not the usual "Duh, we've never heard of that before" story for a common failure.

Nick's at Springwood have done a couple of odd jobs for me here and there with no notice and at no charge, and also lent me a bike for a week!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well the incident that kicked this thread off was receiving a backpack from T7 that had a fairly epic bend in the "frame" (has some kind of plastic sheet inside that gives support to the shape). It took 4 days from resolving the issue until I had a replacement at my door. The replacement is freaking sick!

Binaural

Eats Squid
CRC Again here, two XT shadow plus derailleurs with faulty clutches replaced under warranty with no questions asked and not the usual "Duh, we've never heard of that before" story for a common failure.
CRC are fine with dealing with failures, but the problem is the cost in sending parts to the UK. Wiggle are better in this regard as they've got a local returns address.

I've recently had good service from Canyon bikes while ordering a new Strive. When I went to order a bike at home after seeing it with a $500 discount, I found the sale had ended. A quick email within 5min of sending the query reinstated the discount so I would not have pay the extra. Much appreciated!

moorey

call me Mia
On eBay, 'thebikeshopaus'
http://stores.ebay.com.au/thebikeshopaus
Ordered some tubeless gear a while back, a few weeks after it was due, it hadn't arrived. Contacted them, knowing it's not really their fault, but they posted replacements immediately, no questions asked. Next day the original order arrived, so I notified them and said I'd return the replacement ones as soon as they arrived. They said 'call it your lucky day'. Great service, will be using them again.

Beej1

I've recently had good service from Canyon bikes while ordering a new Strive....
A friend recently took advantage of the same sale and got a freaking awesome Spectral for something like $3.5K with Pike RCT3 and near-top-of-range SRAM 1x11 gear, guide brakes etc.

Saw him riding with his kid on the weekend, the Maxle on his fork had broken. He contacted the Canyon Melb office, they said they'd post him one straight away, or he could come get it if in the area (which he was). Apparently super friendly folk there who swapped the maxle from one of their bike supply. He also said he could've come and test rode one of the bikes before purchasing - something neither of us knew about when he was ordering.

mshagg

Likes Bikes
After recently taking an interest in suspension performance, have had chance to interact a couple of times with Cyclinic.

On one instance in particular shot them a message via the website asking about a somewhat obscure fox part (Talas shuttle bumper for anyone playing at home). Received a cheerful phone call that afternoon, was quoted price and postage, took CC details and it arrived the following morning.

Product knowledge check. Overnight shipping check. Not leaving the completed order sitting around for 3 days before actually handing it to the courier check.

empire

Likes Bikes
After recently taking an interest in suspension performance, have had chance to interact a couple of times with Cyclinic.

On one instance in particular shot them a message via the website asking about a somewhat obscure fox part (Talas shuttle bumper for anyone playing at home). Received a cheerful phone call that afternoon, was quoted price and postage, took CC details and it arrived the following morning.

Product knowledge check. Overnight shipping check. Not leaving the completed order sitting around for 3 days before actually handing it to the courier check.
I'm also happy to give cyclinic a plug for their customer service. Responsive to emails and quick service and return despatch back to Perth. Nice jellybeans too.

sixdegrees!

Likes Bikes
Summit Cycles (Sydney) & Velosure - I recently had to make an insurance claim after crashing a Niner Jet 9 RDO & destroying the frame. Took it to the guys at Summit for a quote. Got the quote to Velosure. Approved almost immediately and before you know it, Summit had built me up the sweetest new ride. Between these two business & their staff (Damien at Velosure and Adam & Joe at Summit), they made the whole process so easy & stress free. Happy days!

Attachments

Last edited:
EMR Suspension Perth. Went out of the way to get my son's old Rockshock sids back in working order. Put a heap of time and effort into them and charged next to nothing. Legend.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

herbman

Likes Dirt
Pushys, ordered some new levers and rotor Tuesday night and took the free shipping option. Turned up to day on express post.

Last edited:

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
+1 for Pushy,ordered a set of wheels from them,received a phone call just to confirm the postal address was correct before they shiped them out,the dude on the phone said they just like to check when a big (expensive)order is being processed....

moorey

call me Mia
I know it's not the LTIH thread, but Pushys diddled themselves on a decent sized sale from me the other day. I was waiting on a payment, and missed the $50 off $300 purchase. I emailed asking if I could still do it...Nope (fair enough)...I asked if they could price match Merlin, which would bring price reasonably close....didn't reply within 3 days. I ordered elsewhere...and within 48h, they bought the $50 off back on the table.
I like Pushy, not bagging them, and will use them regularly, but thought their communication was pretty shite on that one. :noidea:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I know it's not the LTIH thread, but Pushys diddled themselves on a decent sized sale from me the other day. I was waiting on a payment, and missed the $50 off $300 purchase. I emailed asking if I could still do it...Nope (fair enough)...I asked if they could price match Merlin, which would bring price reasonably close....didn't reply within 3 days. I ordered elsewhere...and within 48h, they bought the $50 off back on the table.
I like Pushy, not bagging them, and will use them regularly, but thought their communication was pretty shite on that one. :noidea:
What's the title of this thread?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What's the title of this thread?
That has relevance on this forum how?

T7 excelled again yesterday, this time in the comes department. I needed some info on a product and they got back to me with everything I needed to know in a few hours. This seems to be a bit of a turn around for these guys as in the not to distant past they were regularly a bit slow.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Pushys managed to get some tyres and grips delivered today to Tasmania with their free shipping option, that were ordered yesterday. All I can say is they must have some damn good relationship with Australia Post because even express post parcels normally now take a minimum of two days to arrive.

Last edited:

tick

Likes Bikes
Another big thumbs up from me for ( Pushys ) got some pedals and grips for the BMX bike in there normal super quick time
Ironic thing is the BMX bike may sit unused for weeks before i ride it again:lol:

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Ashgrove cycles helped me out twice with warranty support for a reverb I didn't even buy off them. I don't live around their way so have never had a chance to shop there and repay the favour...
They're not the closest to me and never have been, but I'll travel there whenever I need to visit a bike shop. They're always helpful & communicative and do good work too. Maybe not the cheapest (TBH, I don't shop around much these days), but when it comes to my bike I just want it done right.

Jonny Sprockets in Tawoomba and Rod at Supersports sorted me out with my new Transition Patrol Carbon and I have to say, it was the easiest, most pleasurable purchasing experience I've ever had. And believe me, I've had a lot of purchasing experiences.
And definitely a +1 for Johnny Sprockets. Got me out of a pickle fashioning up a hanger for an old Intense ages back. We figured we were just done for the day and would have to go scouring the net for a replacement. Polite, helpful & skillful, everything you need.

Last edited: