Recent content by KALBO

1. KALBO

what kind of pet ????

^^^I had a staffy-X that passed away... I have two kids 7 and 5 years of age and the dog was very good with them sooo... we now have a pure bred English Staffy (8weeks old) arriving on wednesday. Theyre actually referred to as 'nanny-dogs' coz they are good companions with kiddies.
  2. KALBO

The Photo Snob Thread

I've been lurking around here for a bit and quite scared of posting anything here but here goes. Hope you guys like it as I do. EDIT: sorry about the size. I'll make them a bit smaller next time.
  3. KALBO

The famous people you've met!

meeting in person and actually chatting with Dj Qbert, Yoga Frog, Beat JUnkies. Unforgettable. I wish I was still younger and still dj'ed.
  4. KALBO

Coresl Paintshop-pro X2

nahhh havent looked at Elements yet but I will now.
  5. KALBO

Coresl Paintshop-pro X2

^^^I wish so I can get the Adobe for cheap. Oh well.
  6. KALBO

Helmets for XC? cool helmet.

Met kaos ul I'm shopping around for a MET KAOS UL helmet. I think theyre AU$160(?) at wiggle. THis is supposed to be very light. 225g(?) I think. LIghter than the FOX FLUX and very well ventilated. Check it out! Looks really good too!
  7. KALBO

Coresl Paintshop-pro X2

just want to know if anyone here has used Corel Paintshop pro X2... I was thinking of getting this software as this is a less expensive alternative to Adobe. I've been taking photos and studying more about it for the last 6 -7 months. I figured its a good idea to practice with Corel first...
  8. KALBO

What do you eat/drink/do before a ride?

On weekends I have rice and eggs an hour before riding (xc)...cant help it, I'm asian. During the working week, I ride after work and I like munching on Oreos or picnic bars just before I start pedalling. Nothing in between.
  9. KALBO

Looking for riding buddies

^^^^yhep, I'm there now. Its great to see the BERM growing bit by bit:)
  10. KALBO

Photo quality lost!

HI all, I have noticed that whenever I post photos (on a car forum somewher), it is never as good quality as the original one straight out of my SLR. Why is this??? Is this normal??? Keep in mind that I am very new to this photography stuff. So here is what I do: 1 shoot photos with...
  11. KALBO

Should I switch to SRAM?

I'm running SRAM X7 shifters and SRAM X9 rear mech and they are smooth as butter. Though I've used Shimano before with no problems... I highly recommend SRAM components. I think they are also less bulky than Shimano shifters. SRAM it mate!:D
  12. KALBO

Dirt-Crits (CORC)

...Hi folks! CORC Dirt-Crits start this Thursday (05/11/09) at Majura. Registration at 5:30pm then race at 6:00pm juniors then D grade up. Anyone here participating???
  13. KALBO

Xc newbie

Running gets you fit quicker so when not able to ride, run around the block a few times at least 30 minutes. THis will get your lungs working fast BUT remember also that running uses different muscles than when you're riding a mountainbike. Have methods of training. Go out and do sprints on...
  14. KALBO

What are you listening to NOW?

Wolf Mother's new one. I just saw the clip for the first time this morning and cant remember the title! Good tho.
  15. KALBO

Over the bars to face plant + 2 more pics

...ohhhh my madonna!!! and I thought I was badly hurt with a fractured collar bone and dislocated shoulder xc riding!(I'm old). I hope you guys heal very quickly and learn from this as well.