Recent content by Customjimmy

1. Customjimmy

Found - please delete

Item: Manitou Sherman 20mm axle Price: Not very much Location: Young NSW, happy to pay post
  2. Customjimmy

The Chilli Thread!

When is hot enough hot enough? The Carolina Reaper So my Butch Ts and Morugas aren't the hottest anymore? Dagnabbit. Seeds on their way.
  3. Customjimmy

The Chilli Thread!

Good to be back Hi all, Thought I'd include a few pics of the harvest - including the brand new Holy Ghost chilli (bhut jolokia x Jamaican 7 pod). Indica, PM me so I can send you some sauce. This year I supplemented the usual recipe with two cups of sun-dried ghost chillis. Its no 16 million...
  4. Customjimmy

ROAD Grandfather's Bike - 75th anniversary rebuild

Planning it took the longest - thought it was a big call to put the old steel rims on there but glad I did. Some of the build was tricky - the BB shell width was 64.5mm and welded off-centre so had to face the drive-side and space the other by 4mm to get chainline and BB spacing perfect. Forks...
  5. Customjimmy

Yeah, hard to find good info. I remember asking him before he died what it was and I'm 'sure' he said it wasn't a Malvern - either of us could be mistaken though. If anybody can help ID it I would be most grateful. Anyhoo, here's a pic of the star and lugs. It has matching serial numbers...
  6. Customjimmy

My Grandfather bought this bike new in 1937. After hanging up in his shed for the last 30 odd years most of the bits were rusted through so only kept the frame and fork for the build (and the headset - NOS 1930s whitworth headseat anyone?) I hope this bike gets handed down (and ridden!) for...
  7. Customjimmy

how to stop swearing?

Language warning, obviously http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET7HNolSwkY
  8. Customjimmy

The Chilli Thread!

Bhut vs Trinidad Scorpion I haven't tried the 'Butch T' but have tried a few scorpion chillis, lots of bhuts and many others over the years. The scorpion and bhut are pretty closely related and there really isn't much difference in taste. To start with you are better off comparing either of...
  9. Customjimmy

Venus crossing between the sun and earth

Transit of Venus Yes, grave dig. Hopefully will do the same in 120-odd years. Starts just befor 8am. http://www.transitofvenus.com.au/HOME.html Fortunately I always carry eclipse specs in the van.
  10. Customjimmy

The Chilli Thread!

Customjimmy's Chilli Sauce I usually use standard orange Habaneros but no luck with them this year so will go with the lemon Habs spiced up unnecessarily with a few Bhuts. 4 cups chillis, few cloves garlic salt and pepper bit of ginger ~30ml vinegar ~100ml olive oil kaffir lime leaves...
  11. Customjimmy

Old Raliegh Racer question

Firstly - Bead Seat Diameter (BSD) is the only standard measurement in tyre sizing so always use this as a reference. With that in mind, you have just tried to put a standard road tyre (700C or 622mm BSD) onto the old Raleigh rim which takes a 27 x 1 1/4 tyre (27" or 630mm BSD) and as you...
  12. Customjimmy

The Chilli Thread!

Still have a few varieties that haven't ripened - now a race against the frost. At least there's a few to choose from to add to the tacos tonight!
  13. Customjimmy

To get collar bone plated or not?

I've had 4 collarbone fractures. The third of those was very nasty, bone almost through the skin and pieces of collarbone everywhere. No pins, screws or plates for me even though the two main bits of bone were quite separated. On the plus side, the bone is very strong and has survived everything...
  14. Customjimmy

Counterfeit Guitars

Here tis This is the one. Just noticed it has bass frets. Anything goes with these!
  15. Customjimmy

Counterfeit Guitars

I have one of these - a Les Paul knock-off. I used to own an actual Les Paul custom (which I should never have sold) so rest assured there is absolutely no comparison. The shape isn't right, the pick-ups and hardware are poor (puny little screws holding on the strap mounts pulled straight out...