Recent content by ausdb

1. ausdb

Electric Vehicles etc

Looks well flash for a base model.
  2. ausdb

Electric Vehicles etc

I would be getting the answer to this in writing from BYD, than relying on us. I deal with things that contain electronic gubbins in my day job, one thing they don't like is unstable power supplies. Our warranty specifically excludes damage related to operation from non mains power supplies...
  3. ausdb

Used SUV's ~$20K pref 7 seats

Thanks for the insightful & amusing commentary so far to help me with my plight. At the moment my SO still has her heart set on a Santa Fe or Sorento with some bells & whilstles as I'm sick of vanilla outlanders. However as she's upped the budget slightly I am sort of trying to get her to...
  4. ausdb

Off Road Bikes Online (ORBO)

Hi @russthedog do you know if either of these can be shimmed down to reduce travel a bit? I'm looking for a dropper to go on my daughters Roxter 24. The seat tube is thick enough to ream out from 26.8 - 27.2mm and would like to make it last as long as it can rather than getting a 65mm one...
  5. ausdb

Thanks all for the comments so far, sorry for the f-wit original post that didn't say much. Its so hard to reply with so many comments and ideas but here goes. I've lost the argument on why we don't need a 7 seater but I'm not looking for a full on people mover that can seat 7 adults...
  6. ausdb

I couldn't find a thread worth gravedigging Oops I didn't mean to hit post yet, there's a draft on my PC at home still. Here's the TLDR synopsis, It will mainly be used as a mum's taxi but with the ability to load up and get away for some long country trips. Not sure if it is a short or long...
  7. ausdb

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Thanks, not sure if I can afford the Duxton to tho, fun trivia fact did you know it used to be the most hated address in Perth as it was originally the ATO building. I think @frenchman would turn his nose up at these, probably more suited to his little fella on his balance bike. I sort of...
  8. ausdb

Yes that's me, tbh I forgot to drop the seat just decided to go for it and went. I'd given my phone to the Hallions mates dad to capture all of my fuckwittedness for posterity. The first thing the Hallions mate said afterwards was why didn't you drop your seat. I dropped my seat on the next run...
  9. ausdb

On a roll here more bike riding than I've done in ages, the Hallion said his mate was going to the Dianella jump line. The silly old man tagged along and managed not to break himself on the baby bear dirt jump. A couple of goes was enough, I really need to get some coaching as I'm to scared of...
  10. ausdb

Yesterday the ye olde Barracuda had another outing as an old mate invited me to a ride with members of the Perth pre2000 retro MTB group around the swan river. It was cunningly planned to end at a pub but when we arrived back found it was closed for a private function, luckily another one was...
  11. ausdb

I haven't posted in a while so this is a bit of a catch-up. Easter we did some riding at our favourite local island, I remember posting a pic like this a few years back but no quokkas this time :( Thank god that's the last photo I'll ever take of the damned trail gator as miss 8 finally got the...
  12. ausdb

VIC Tractor 36er m/l

I saw one of these in the flesh a few years ago in Margaret River, so much want, but so little space in the shed and so far away
  13. ausdb

Sold Thule 591 bike carriers

That's a great price, photos or no photos. Bugger I'm on the other side of the country or I would take one off your hands.
  14. ausdb

Possibly, or is something very similar.
  15. ausdb

Waterproof PVA though, they don't seem to dissolve unglue when it gets wet.