Recent content by ausdb

1. ausdb

Russia Vs. America; Here we go again kids!

But is Russia really that mad keen for war, or just doing what Putin says?
  2. ausdb

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Went to nearly 100 bikes and atoned for my sins this morning, at $5 a pop members price for a barb and olive @ozzybmx your advice is worth it. Sorted out the sons brakes just in time for his lesson at kalamunda. Went for a little ride by myself (don't tell my wife), didn't hit any trees. Got a...
  3. ausdb

The Woodwork thread

What are you using to get a straight/flat surface to work from?
  4. ausdb

Confessions from the fuckwits

No chance on the old one from his bike, the hose was rusted into the bolt and the olive got seriously mangled getting the old hose out. I forgot to look at the one from mine. I don't think it's worth putting more money into them as is, probably better to start renewing stuff and put these in a...
  5. ausdb

Did bike stuff yesterday but deserved to be in the other thread. I have a confession
  6. ausdb

Confessions from the fuckwits

I was doing a brake swap yesterday, ye olde XT off my bike as the master cylinders weeping a bit to donate the caliper to the sons ye olde XT that's decided its now landrover not Shimano. Brand new second hand Orion 4p onto my bike, that jobs done. Cut the hose on his bike, grab a barb and olive...
  7. ausdb

Possibly stolen stuff on bookface

I've seen some wheels for sale on a local fake book page, there's a mix of road and mtb. Messaged the seller the sizes I'm looking for, the reply was "probably best if you come and have a look at them yourself". That doesn't exactly sound confidence inspiring...
  8. ausdb

NSW SOLD Tektro Orion 4P

I just looked at my sons brakes yesterday and one of his ancient Shimano calipers has sprung a leak. These will do for an upgrade. I'll take them if your happy to post? I'll message you later
  9. ausdb

Paid it back today, volunteered with KMBC to build a short trail called Missing Link. Nothing techy just a 200m two way trail to join sections of the network. Then did a short loop to try it out, It was a fun morning out with the boys. I forgot to get a before but this is the after.
  10. ausdb

TAS 2021 Norco Sight A (29", Large)

I wish this was a M not a L
  11. ausdb

VIC Found. 4 pot Shimano caliper

Wasn't trying to take the piss, it's a cool trick.
  12. ausdb

VIC Found. 4 pot Shimano caliper

MacMooreyGyver at his finest
  13. ausdb

@Rorschach you would have missed me then I didn't ride out from the camel farm until about 2:15. I message you maybe we can meet up for a ride sometime.
  14. ausdb

After breakfast with the family I did some essential maintenance whilst the wife took the kids to see the in laws / granddad. I managed a quick and dirty lowers service to fix my forks and trimmed my bars down a bit. Headed up to Kalamunda in the afternoon with the bikes to meet the family but...
  15. ausdb

The QUICK question thread.....

@ozzybmx @fjohn860 thanks for the advice. I went to a 99 and found the Fox enduro sleeves dont agree with my arms, the Launch D30 fitted ok with the two velcro straps but they seemed a bit hard core so had a look around a few other places. There was not much to choose from, some 7IDP Sam Hill...