Recent content by Andy.G

1. Andy.G

Otway Odyssey entries open - new course?

Any sign of photos yet ?? Can't find them at RA website ...
  2. Andy.G

Cyclingnews.com won't load properly anymore

fixed ... a clean re-install and update to latest everything, no legacy backup imports of settings, programs or files - ops now ok. I still think Chrome started some kind of browser-war with all the others (FF, IE, Safari) installed on my machine(s) ... Thanks for yr attention PS - Do i LOOK...
  3. Andy.G

Tried all the browsers ... and it all started after I started using Chrome and I found I was having all kinds of sites have problems, I've gone back to FF, tried IE ... but it's never been the same. Now a new machine ?? What is it, my router ?:upset:
  4. Andy.G

Hey, am I the only one having difficulties at CN ?? Been going on for a few months, mostly would only load in the text heading style - thought it was me, somrthing I did - cookies or java or other geek dark magic. Just got a new machine with W7, latest IE9, etc etc ... it still wont show all...
  5. Andy.G

XT M776 20mm AM wheelset and gettin the tyres on ! help needed

Yep, i'm ok with the ust and center channel thing, this is the third ust wheelset in my fleet (2 x Mavic Crossmax sets on other bikes) this is my first ust shimano wheelset though. first bead is tight - close, but still cant even get it on by hand !! second bead is wrestle with levers ...
  6. Andy.G

Avid Juicy Pad Replacement Help!!!

the red knob only adjusts when the lever begins to send fluid to the caliper ie: apply the brakes after a little pull or a longer pull ... it doesnt move the pads ... love the avid manual - 'make a pad sandwich and pop them in' !!! without the pistons being ALL the way retracted - there ain't...
  7. Andy.G

XT M776 20mm AM wheelset and gettin the tyres on ! help needed

Is it just me ?? :o new XT M776 20mm AM wheelset - the one with the wider rim. Sheet, i've fitted hundreds of tyres, but I'm ****ed if I can get these new tubeless EVO 57-559 Schwalbe Nobby Nics on this new wheelset by hand ... how will I ever get them off trailside ?? Stretched the tyres...
  8. Andy.G

The BMX Race thread.

Thats Toowoomba !!! We drove all the way there for last weekend's open !!! great day, we loved it ...
  9. Andy.G

Otway Odyssey '08!!

over to you DaGonz ... Maybe time for the '09 version of this thread ... DaGonz ... you may have the honour ... I'm in already for '09 ... only 11.22 to beat !!! HaaaHaaa shouldn't be hard ... :o
  10. Andy.G

L'officiel Le Tour 2008 Thread!

FDJ groupset FDJ are using the still-steaming fresh 2009 Dura Ace groupset ... nice shape to those new carbon levers !!! It was the narrow profile and under the tape cables that had me farked for a minute ... thats not sram i said, thats not campag i said, thats not shimano i said ... then i...
  11. Andy.G

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Yep, I like where you're going with that Johnny ... I've said it before, and I'll say it again ... with all due respect - fuck the Liberals. The world at this moment somehow seems to me like a prelude to the action-bit in a Will Smith movie about some apocalyptic event ... piece together...
  12. Andy.G

Otway Odyssey '08!!

Ummmm ... hate to be a sponsors' bitch - but YES ... I agree - mmmm goood. My 10yo had one this a.m and raved too. I suppose it never hurts to give a race sponsor a kiss on the ass either, but I would not have even looked at that product in the supermarket before trying a free sample like...
  13. Andy.G

Otway Odyssey '08!!

Sorry - but I'm missing the bit where sitting wheels anytime except TT, is illegal ?? It is a perfectly normal, legal and universally used strategy. It's the first thing I taught my kids (and .. *ahem* .. my 10yo son rides his first ever road race (crit) tonite !!). It's just that as far as I...
  14. Andy.G

Otway Odyssey '08!!

<bows in reverence> Thats some ride, Some Guy. Well done. Does that make you the fastest Farkineer ?? Coz thats' Farkin fast.