The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Where are the names of the people this is from ?
"These are the collective insights and views of a group of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders, community members and organisations who supported Yes"

You can find some of the names here:

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"These are the collective insights and views of a group of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders, community members and organisations who supported Yes"

You can find some of the names here:

If the yes got up then it would be ok to say “Tough titties” to any disappointment from the no side. I am Happy for anyone to change my mind on this :)

Now it is time to move on to the next best option for the advice the voice would have provided.
The voice group should push to continue their free flights with qantas grab some corporate support and fly to those communities in need. Maybe a regional bank in the area to support things.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Obviously the rules of our democracy means tough titties is what the loser gets in any vote.

On disappointed no voters, had yes won, is there actually a real reason most no voters would be genuinely disappointed?

Can't be disappointed if you "don't know so voted no".

Can't be disappointed if you voted based on believing the plethora of lies and misinformation coming from the campaign.

Can't be disappointed if the motive was racist, which plenty were.

That leaves the tiny handful of Aboriginal people that voted no, who might be justified in being disappointed because the "voice is not enough" argument was the only one on the no side that was from an honest place. A flawed argument, against most of the indigneous community, but at least it was not lies and exaggerations.

That argument didn't form part of the main no campaign until they decided to put Lydia on TV with Jacinta which provided some uncomfortable moments between the two.

So yeah, tough titties for the yes voters is the reality, but there is a real, honest reason for them to be disappointed, especially the indigenous ones.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
These shit birds are on a solid run of self congratulation at the moment… They sure feel emboldened and vindicated in their nasty little world views :(

Is Howard saying that the yooropeans should have adopted indigenous culture when they emigrated 200+ years ago? :eek:
"Good for me, but not for thee"?

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
jackboot john is a hypocrite anyways. look at historical immigration levels for instance, they were gradually falling prioir to john than when john took over in 1996 immigration levels picked up instead of declining further or flat lining.

anyways hes the worse pm this country ever had australia would have been better off if he had never been born.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
Howard was definitely a shit prime minister and a shit treasurer as well as being a shit person, I even thought he was the worst in my lifetime. But... Abbott and Scomo give him a solid run for the title. As for all time, I think there are a few candidates from way back that might get up there.
wasn't a fan of scotty from marketing nor tony but compared to john they aren't that bad. everything wrong with this country started under howard.

It felt so good when Howard lost his own seat while still pm.
i think a lot of people did laugh at that, myself including, he could have just moved aside and quietly stepped down and moved away from politics but the stubborn fuck had to go all in.

Too bad he's been pissing it up on the parliamentarian pension.