Signa Sports with Liquidity issues .... (CRC/Wiggle/Probike/Nukeproof/Vitus)

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Meanwhile the website is very much active and still spruiking Black Friday sales??

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are they legally allowed to be trading though?

Here, as long as they aren't insolvent. No idea about the UK, but probably similar. Google says they call it wrongful trading and there can be serious repercussions.

As much as I love a bargain and have enjoyed a lengthy and predominantly positive relationship with chain reaction cycles, I won't be risking anything at this stage. It is a bit of a sad time. This business has put a lot of smiles on my face, and also helped make riding accessible to a lot of the kids I used to mentor (and my volunteers) as well as providing piles of merch a long the way for special events.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Here, as long as they aren't insolvent. No idea about the UK, but probably similar. Google says they call it wrongful trading and there can be serious repercussions.

As much as I love a bargain and have enjoyed a lengthy and predominantly positive relationship with chain reaction cycles, I won't be risking anything at this stage. It is a bit of a sad time. This business has put a lot of smiles on my face, and also helped make riding accessible to a lot of the kids I used to mentor (and my volunteers) as well as providing piles of merch a long the way for special events.
Some other LBS in the UK will step up to the plate, old merlins aren't too bad and I hope they end up with most of Crcs gear.

Minlak

custom titis
Are they legally allowed to be trading though?
Administration means people go in to handle the money etc whilst it is worked out if the company can trade out of the situation - they may look for investors or some one to sell it too or if it’s decided it can’t trade out it will be closed.
Similar thing happened with Robins Kitchen 10 years ago - we had gift cards given to us and when they went into administration all gift cards became unusable - after about a year we got notification as we were technically creditors now as they owed us money that we could now use the cards but only on a dollar for dollar basis - which means to use a $100 gift card you had to pay $100 so we could only use the gift cards to reduce the cost by half - they also forced you to pay full retail not the marked down price.
Whilst there may be some bargains to be had I personally would only spend money you are prepared to lose as if they decide they can’t trade out they will shut it all down instantly and you will only get a refund if there is money left after they pay everyone else in the line.

Minlak

custom titis
I sent Merlin some money just a few days ago. They need to get a better/clearer free shipping policy.
Soooo part of the problem is secure shipping - with the Covid freight debacles a lot of companies lost a lot of money on refunds for items they also did not get back so the free shipping options went away as they will only use companies that charge a lot for shipping - hell even the usps stopped all shipping to Australia

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Soooo part of the problem is secure shipping - with the Covid freight debacles a lot of companies lost a lot of money on refunds for items they also did not get back so the free shipping options went away as they will only use companies that charge a lot for shipping - hell even the usps stopped all shipping to Australia

Yes, but the Merlin magic is...while I was fucking around with my shopping cart adding/removing different items would bring about free shipping at different total spends. I couldn't find an item I knew I wanted that triggered the free shipping. The dmr axe crank was a magic item but I don't need a new crank currently. No doubt once the parcel arrives I will need a new crank.

The shipping itself was a reasonable price.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Yes, but the Merlin magic is...while I was fucking around with my shopping cart adding/removing different items would bring about free shipping at different total spends. I couldn't find an item I knew I wanted that triggered the free shipping. The dmr axe crank was a magic item but I don't need a new crank currently. No doubt once the parcel arrives I will need a new crank.

The shipping itself was a reasonable price.
A compiled list of free-shipping triggers would be nice :)

Calvin27

Eats Squid
bikeinn is where i tend to shop, but their shipping model is broken too. Seems to work for indivdual items, but it just keeps stacking with additional items which makes it worse?

madstace

Likes Dirt
I was feeling lucky, so I bought a 1/2 price dropper post from CRC on Friday. Got a dispatch email overnight. I won’t relax til it actually arrives, but they do still seem to be functioning.
Not gonna lie, I snagged a deal on some shoes and have decided to take the punt. Needed a tyre to get to free postage. Fingers crossed :eek: