Little Things You Hate

ausdb

Being who he is
On a roll today
  • When you buy a set of brakes second hand, put them away for a rainy day and open them to find the seller didn't just cut them with 50mm left on the lever but cut 50mm past the caliper as well WTF? :rolleyes:
  • When you make arrangements to buy something off someone on fakebook and arrive at the arranegd time for them to say, I just sold it fifteen minutes ago :mad:
  • Not hate but feel really disappointed in what your efforts at child rearing have created :(

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I usually park at the bottom of the hill and get a bit of a warm up on the first pedal up as well as time for the brain to wake up and get things working...
Today due to 100kmh winds, I decided to park up the hill away from the huge gum trees that were nearly horizontal at the usual spot, and dropped straight into a track... Huge brain fart and managed to explode my derailleur on a stump I've managed to avoid 1000times...doh... I was only about 200m from the car, and luckily a mate had a spare so still got a ride in..
Btw @beeb If you're wondering if this was your old one....yes, it certainly was.

View attachment 398795
I've got a few dead 12 speed mechs if you want the broken bit.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Hate how your bank statement charges can be called something completely different to the actual business you bought something from. It should be law that the business trading name is written on the line item for that charge. 'Harry's Bike Shop' can appear on your statement as T&P Partners or something else just as vague. Fu$%ing stupid.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Hate how your bank statement charges can be called something completely different to the actual business you bought something from. It should be law that the business trading name is written on the line item for that charge. 'Harry's Bike Shop' can appear on your statement as T&P Partners or something else just as vague. Fu$%ing stupid.
No rules over the name for the Merchant account to match the business name. You would think a trading as or something similar would be compulsory. Had a few head scratchers myself when charges have popped up.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
No rules over the name for the Merchant account to match the business name. You would think a trading as or something similar would be compulsory. Had a few head scratchers myself when charges have popped up.
I've been organising a boys weekend for the last 23yrs (this yearly weekend started back in '92) specifically food and kegs. In the past we just got everyone to pay with cash on arrival but a few years ago I opened a bank account for the weekend and everyone pre-pays now and always write a payment description in. Some of them from the last few years
Cheap vaginoplasty
Black nipple clamps
Mini sex ferrets
Nothing suss
Sexyland
Orchitis
Rainbow strapons
#SCOMO44MORE
Horse juice
Oral liver cleanse
Hydrocele
Rotting sack
Anus bleach
Crotch rot cream
Feline aids
Farty twats
Ebenezer scrote
Cockmunch
Dick wartz
Genital wart clinical trials

LTIH: Australia Post's idea of "left in a safe place"
Screenshot_20230501_191558.jpg

LTIL: Living at the end of a quiet court
IMG_20230501_194458.jpg

Last edited:

shiny

I've been organising a boys weekend for the last 23yrs (this yearly weekend started back in '92) specifically food and kegs. In the past we just got everyone to pay with cash on arrival but a few years ago I opened a bank account for the weekend and everyone pre-pays now and always write a payment description in. Some of them from the last few years
Cheap vaginoplasty
Black nipple clamps
Mini sex ferrets
Nothing suss
Sexyland
Orchitis
Rainbow strapons
#SCOMO44MORE
Horse juice
Oral liver cleanse
Hydrocele
Rotting sack
Anus bleach
Crotch rot cream
Feline aids
Farty twats
Ebenezer scrote
Cockmunch
Dick wartz
Genital wart clinical trials

LTIH: Australia Post's of "left in a safe place"
View attachment 399250

LTIL: Living at the end of a quiet court
View attachment 399251
As long as the weekend away doesn’t involve any of those things but if it does I will not judge…..

shiny

Yep, mine went up about 40% this year. I rang and pushing up the chain until I got to the formal complaints process, and still no love.
Yup, changing providers this week. If I bump the excess on building I can get the price to within a $100 of last years policy. My parents, retired pensioners had a similar increase to yours and took a lot of shopping around to get them a better price. Going to see a lot of uninsured homes as people cannot afford it.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yup, changing providers this week. If I bump the excess on building I can get the price to within a $100 of last years policy. My parents, retired pensioners had a similar increase to yours and took a lot of shopping around to get them a better price. Going to see a lot of uninsured homes as people cannot afford it.
I'm sticking with my current provider, as I know from my car insurance (same provider) they offer a heavily discounted rate and a capped adjustment rate on premium increases after 10 years. I've been with them about 7 years for my house policy now, so while I could probably save a small amount per year today - I reckon in a couple of years time the lower/"protected rate" premiums will likely more than tip the balance in my favour over the mid/long term.

But yeah, I reckon a lot of people in the areas that flooded late last year are going to see absolutely heinous increases this year (I reckon that's what pushed mine up so much. While I'm fairly well outside the coverage of the "100 year" flood map, I'm still in a postcode it overlaps. Scary times for places that actually have flooded/are bushfire prone/etc... Reckon we're only seeing the top of the iceberg with "uninsurable" dwellings so far too.

[classifies a property as high risk and will use the phrase “uninsurable” when the technical insurance premium exceeds 1% of the replacement value of a house.

shiny

I'm sticking with my current provider, as I know from my car insurance (same provider) they offer a heavily discounted rate and a capped adjustment rate on premium increases after 10 years. I've been with them about 7 years for my house policy now, so while I could probably save a small amount per year today - I reckon in a couple of years time the lower/"protected rate" premiums will likely more than tip the balance in my favour over the mid/long term.

But yeah, I reckon a lot of people in the areas that flooded late last year are going to see absolutely heinous increases this year (I reckon that's what pushed mine up so much. While I'm fairly well outside the coverage of the "100 year" flood map, I'm still in a postcode it overlaps. Scary times for places that actually have flooded/are bushfire prone/etc... Reckon we're only seeing the top of the iceberg with "uninsurable" dwellings so far too.

Don’t miss my insurance days. Costs of materials on the rise is also reflected in premiums as well. Most people will see a large hike in their building sum insured which then has a higher premium.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Did a bit of buying stuff from Friday night till Sunday, waiting on 5 items coming express (not all bike related)

Gets 4 notifications this morning... Tuesday. WTF are these jokers doing, express should be arriving today.

Checks public holidays, QLD labour day yesterday, checks orders, 4 out of 5 coming from QLD :D

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Did a bit of buying stuff from Friday night till Sunday, waiting on 5 items coming express (not all bike related)

Gets 4 notifications this morning... Tuesday. WTF are these jokers doing, express should be arriving today.

Checks public holidays, QLD labour day yesterday, checks orders, 4 out of 5 coming from QLD :D
Ah, that explains my mxstore order not moving then.