The QUICK question thread.....

Jpez

Down on the left!
Them's the ones. Had a mental blank on their name. :rolleyes:
Yeah. Basically a complete reset of the drive train. So the big cog limit screw only takes it so far. Which is a bees dick not enough.
no cable it pushes over by hand just fine. Maybe the issue is in the shifter?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So the big cog limit screw only takes it so far. Which is a bees dick not enough.
Spacer ring on the back of your cassette ?

As you adjust the 'B' screw down/in, the derailleur moves slightly inward. Does it need adjusted out to get onto the granny, one set of links longer to bring the top jockey back down ?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Look at these amateurs wasting @Jpez 's with their wild guessing game. It's like the old trivia thread in here! You're smarter than this @Jpez ! You need to think through the set up process all over again and you'll realise there isn't enough psi in your front tyre. You can thank me after you put the pump away.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Spacer ring on the back of your cassette ?

As you adjust the 'B' screw down/in, the derailleur moves slightly inward. Does it need adjusted out to get onto the granny, one set of links longer to bring the top jockey back down ?
No spacer. The chain on the highest gear is almost kissing the frame as it is.
I’ve got heaps of b screw to play with and have started off with their recommended gap and played in both directions.
also played with a couple of different length chains. From obviously too short to obviously too long.
I’ll just look at it with fresh eyes and I’m sure the solution will be obvious. Either that or fiddling with it will produce the result I’m after and I’ll have no idea what I did.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Look at these amateurs wasting @Jpez 's with their wild guessing game. It's like the old trivia thread in here! You're smarter than this @Jpez ! You need to think through the set up process all over again and you'll realise there isn't enough psi in your front tyre. You can thank me after you put the pump away.
You’re slipping dude. The obvious answer is new bike time.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Out of curiosity - does it just do it in the stand, or also when you're JRA?

I had a Garbaruk cassette years ago that would do silly things like that in the stand, but would hold granny gear and shift into/out of it no worries when riding along.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Out of curiosity - does it just do it in the stand, or also when you're JRA?

I had a Garbaruk cassette years ago that would do silly things like that in the stand, but would hold granny gear and shift into/out of it no worries when riding along.
It hasn’t been off the stand yet. I’ll check that out.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is this on the GG or the Deviate. Chainline ok. Otherwise I would say B tension but you have checked that. Hmmm.
Yep GG. It’s a 55 chain line. I checked that when I put the new BB and cranks back in as I didn’t take note of how the spacers I had in there came out. Maybe I could take out 1 spacer and see how it behaves.
One think I did notice is if I push hard on the shifter the mech travels where it should but moves back a smidge when I release it.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Yep GG. It’s a 55 chain line. I checked that when I put the new BB and cranks back in as I didn’t take note of how the spacers I had in there came out. Maybe I could take out 1 spacer and see how it behaves.
One think I did notice is if I push hard on the shifter the mech travels where it should but moves back a smidge when I release it.
Cable too tight? I would undo cable and reset/check it all with fresh eyes and re-try.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Cable too tight? I would undo cable and reset/check it all with fresh eyes and re-try.
I would have thought too much cable tension would help it shift into the lower gear not hinder it. I’ve redone it all about 4 times now but all in the one frustrated session. I’ll chant om a few times and go back with a fresh head. I’ll probably end up back in the fuckwits thread. Again…

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I would have thought too much cable tension would help it shift into the lower gear not hinder it. I’ve redone it all about 4 times now but all in the one frustrated session. I’ll chant om a few times and go back with a fresh head. I’ll probably end up back in the fuckwits thread. Again…
Don’t yank on the cable when doing it it up. Just pull so it’s taut and do up. If the cable is too tight it can cause issues with shifting. 11/12 I have found to be fussy with this.