What does your day look like?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
If only he had planned...nope! Hammer time and full disassemble. All working now and it's time for what better be a very large hamburger before 10hrs of people.
At least they are pretty quick to pull apart. My one doesn't even wait for the cassette to be removed. It just falls apart in front of eyes with the clutch pawl thingy and springs out in record time.

Glad it is all back together and working.

Freediver

I can go full Karen

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I'm 100% percent serious on the taste and 99% on the ID. Have a google, if you're not interested in them please give me a where. They are very sought after and expensive to buy. Did you see any big slimy yellow/brown ones as well? they grow in the same spots. The Poms call the slimy ones slippery jacks or sticky buns.
Yeah spot on about the orange ones, Saffron Milk Caps. If they are growing in or near Pines you can be 99.99% sure they're the right ones, I grab a bunch for my folks when I see them out and about...pretty tasty fried up with a bit of olive oil and salt/garlic, don't freak out when your pee is dark orange afterwards.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I'm 100% percent serious on the taste and 99% on the ID. Have a google, if you're not interested in them please give me a where. They are very sought after and expensive to buy. Did you see any big slimy yellow/brown ones as well? they grow in the same spots. The Poms call the slimy ones slippery jacks or sticky buns.
Haha, nah I was pretty sure you were serious.

South Gippsland. Scenic Rd. Sandy Valley DH.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
But is there anything magical in this forest?
My block gets covered in those ones, want me to post you some?

Haha, nah I was pretty sure you were serious.

South Gippsland. Scenic Rd. Sandy Valley DH.
Cheers, I found Sandy Valley DH on traiforks. I think you got the name of the road wrong which made it a bit harder to find.
It's to far to be worth the effort from western Melbourne but as luck would have it, it isn't much more than an hour from the block I'm building on.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

Cheers, I found Sandy Valley DH on traiforks. I think you got the name of the road wrong which made it a bit harder to find.
It's to far to be worth the effort from western Melbourne but as luck would have it, it isn't much more than an hour from the block I'm building on.
Plenty of both saffrons and slippery jacks out this way (Ballarat). Creswick has pine plantations, some of which you are allowed to walk through. I usually stick the the La Gerche walk area and general surrounds.
This funky strawberry tree is a bit of a weed in the area, but the fruit is... Unique.

Mt Macedon is a popular foraging spot for Melburnians too.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I've been up to Mt Macedon and Daylesford looking for them but didn't get many. There was quite a few others collecting them, I'm not sure if where we were looking was too picked over or the weather hadn't been quite right.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I've been up to Mt Macedon and Daylesford looking for them but didn't get many. There was quite a few others collecting them, I'm not sure if where we were looking was too picked over or the weather hadn't been quite right.
It wouldn't surprise me if Mt Macedon was too picked over. A friend used to go there with her family (and many other European families), people would be picking bucket loads to take home to preserve.

I might be heading out to Creswick today, if I do I'll see if there are any about.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
It wouldn't surprise me if Mt Macedon was too picked over. A friend used to go there with her family (and many other European families), people would be picking bucket loads to take home to preserve.
That, and pretty much all the pines have been logged up there.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Plenty of both saffrons and slippery jacks out this way (Ballarat). Creswick has pine plantations, some of which you are allowed to walk through. I usually stick the the La Gerche walk area and general surrounds.
This funky strawberry tree is a bit of a weed in the area, but the fruit is... Unique.

Mt Macedon is a popular foraging spot for Melburnians too.
I've got a nice strawberry tree growing. Delicious fruit, straight off the tree. Just read the wiki pages, and saw the herbal remedy uses for bee health. Might have to take some cuttings, and grow them near my bee trees.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Yeah gOoGle calls it Yarram-Blackwarry Rd.

But it was always Scenic Rd (and anyone local knows it as that). Not sure when the name changed.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Yeah gOoGle calls it Yarram-Blackwarry Rd.

But it was always Scenic Rd (and anyone local knows it as that). Not sure when the name changed.
Not far from the old prison farm. Did a few 'run with the prisoners' back in the day. Are these tracks worth checking out? Done a bit of gravel riding around the Balook area and through to Yarram a few times (via Tarra Valley).