Electric Vehicles etc

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Being changed as soon as she gets it, #2 son works at TyrePower.
Pirelli seem to have the best value at the moment. Michelin, Conti and Goodyear seemed to be about 30% more expensive, or offer a lesser tyre for the same price.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Pirelli seem to have the best value at the moment. Michelin, Conti and Goodyear seemed to be about 30% more expensive, or offer a lesser tyre for the same price.

Dont know what size you guys need on that thing, but recently put the Goodyear Eagle F1 Sport on the Alfa on a 4 for 3 sale. Its a made in China asia market variant as opposed to the european F1s, but have to say its extremely good.

Wanted PS4s, but these were literally half the price.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
215 55 18

The tyres on the Atto are Batman brand :rolleyes:

One of the biggest gripes about the car. Front can lose traction on pedal-to-the-metal acceleration.
I actually got them to squeal on my test drive.

Haakon

215 55 18

The tyres on the Atto are Batman brand :rolleyes:

One of the biggest gripes about the car. Front can lose traction on pedal-to-the-metal acceleration.
I actually got them to squeal on my test drive.
Yikes, expensive size! No Eagle F1s for you though... Not much at all really in the performance end.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
That was a good video @Haakon. I'm not fussed about wet weather track times because drive to the conditions and don't fang it on the road, but that brake test was an eye opener which I've never experienced having always bought premium tyre brands. Hankook was the cheapest I ever had (came on the car) and weren't terrible.

Haakon

That was a good video @Haakon. I'm not fussed about wet weather track times because drive to the conditions and don't fang it on the road, but that brake test was an eye opener which I've never experienced having always bought premium tyre brands. Hankook was the cheapest I ever had (came on the car) and weren't terrible.
Lap times are important because thats cornering. Even if you know the roads and dont find yourself unexpectedly in a corner a bit faster than intended, it still relates to evasive manoeuvres :)

Oddjob

Yikes, expensive size! No Eagle F1s for you though... Not much at all really in the performance end.
Pirelli Pzero all seasons was the sportiest tyre I found in the size.

ozzybmx

Around $300 a tyre, a lot of people have just changed the front ones and left the rear as the stock Batmans.

Haakon

Around $300 a tyre, a lot of people have just changed the front ones and left the rear as the stock Batmans.
Thats probably the worst thing you could do!! Unless you like the rear randomly trying to overtake the front on wet corners or during a swerve....

ozzybmx

Thats probably the worst thing you could do!! Unless you like the rear randomly trying to overtake the front on wet corners or during a swerve....
Its not a sports car, its my missus shopping trolley. If she can make it up Belair Rd in a Prado with muddies in the rain doing the speed limit, she'll be fine in a small SUV.

Haakon

Its not a sports car, its my missus shopping trolley. If she can make it up Belair Rd in a Prado with muddies in the rain doing the speed limit, she'll be fine in a small SUV.
Probably even more important on something with less than stellar dynamics. Best/new tyres always go on the back.

Oddjob

You're getting ripped, ring around for a better price. The Pirelli Scorpion Verdes were $210 a tyre in Sydney. Michelin Primacy and Contis were around the $300 mark.

Definitely change all 4. Rear grip is especially important in a front wheel drive car as it determines in corner dynamics and typically has less weight and weight transfer over the rear.

I would be more worried about someone like my wife who although has done all the advanced driver training, doesn't put a priority on driving skill. The BYD has lots of driver aids but the mk 1 eyeball, good tyres and brakes, and defensive driver skill make the biggest difference.

Last edited:

mark22

Likes Dirt
Probably even more important on something with less than stellar dynamics. Best/new tyres always go on the back.
True, most folk would find it hard to recover if the rear really let's go especially if you are pushing grip on good front tyres. That spin in the video nails that.