Electric Vehicles etc

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Amusing little dig at Australia politics in a Tesla email advertising the new Model Y variant.

Available to Order Now
Enjoy your weekend in Model Y Long Range with a spacious interior, up to 533 km* of range and access to our expansive Supercharger network.​

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Picked her car up today. A quick 20 minute handover and spoke to the guy about apparent different tyres.

He said BYD are fitting Conti Contact 6's to vehicles for certain markets, depending on the importer.

So none for Australia at this time.

The Contis are 235/50/18 vs Atlas Batman's at 215/55/18.

Theres a lot of close size options for this car. Few nicer options in the 235/50's.

dgfdgfdjg.jpg

dgdfg.jpg

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Picked her car up today. A quick 20 minute handover and spoke to the guy about apparent different tyres.

He said BYD are fitting Conti Contact 6's to vehicles for certain markets, depending on the importer.

Theres a lot of close size options for this car. Few nicer options in the 235/50's.

View attachment 398506

View attachment 398507
Same rims though? Surely they’d be wider rims with 235?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Same rims though? Surely they’d be wider rims with 235?
Not for 10mm either side. Don't know how Mrs BMX drives, but that would put a bit more rubber between rim and curb.

View attachment 398506

View attachment 398507
Good chance to correct the speedo if it needs it.

ozzybmx

Not for 10mm either side. Don't know how Mrs BMX drives, but that would put a bit more rubber between rim and curb.

Good chance to correct the speedo if it needs it.
Bouncing 31" 4WD tyres of late but I have a vague recollection her old Lancer wheels were a fuckin mess :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

Isn't keeping the tyres pumped up your job, or the hellions now? That's how my wife rolls ;)
Pair o hallions are working, girls, cars etc... it's surprising the turn around when you have to pay for your own fuck ups. Missus has never llistened or learned from day one :rolleyes:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yeah that 5mm on both sides will be noticeable :rolleyes: ;)
It really is… Going one size over the right size of a rim width is noticeable in the handling, two makes the tyre perform very soggily indeed. Especially on a heavy car.

Side walls don’t perform properly.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It really is… Going one size over the right size of a rim width is noticeable in the handling, two makes the tyre perform very soggily indeed. Especially on a heavy car.

Side walls don’t perform properly.
You have been reading the last few comments though?

I know quite intimately the roads @ozzybmx drives. The right tyre is noticeable to you, me and probably Ozzy. Mrs BMX? I'm not so sure