What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty675

Cable thief
Went back to 25mm rise bars and silvered the Katipo up a little.

Silver bars and stumbled upon some silver lock on rings while I was looking for other things in the garage, so on they well l went as well.

2 more hits of silver coming courtesy of new wheels and @Scotty675.

And I rode it around the Youies...

View attachment 397684View attachment 397685
I should of checked if you had a silver seat post clamp

Jpez

Down on the left!
Went back to 25mm rise bars and silvered the Katipo up a little.

Silver bars and stumbled upon some silver lock on rings while I was looking for other things in the garage, so on they well l went as well.

2 more hits of silver coming courtesy of new wheels and @Scotty675.

And I rode it around the Youies...

View attachment 397684View attachment 397685
Levers? Nice.
What adapter are you using for the dropper to lever? I couldn’t find one when I searched.

nathanm

Eats Squid
made more bad purchasing decisions and picked up a couple of bikes last night.

1 is an older Santa Cruz V10. Looks in good nick and comes with a Chris King headset. Not that I know anything about CK components but I know they're expensive. Leaves me wondering why someone would pop a couple of hundred dollar headset into an old DH Rig?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

1 is an older Santa Cruz V10. Looks in good nick and comes with a Chris King headset. Not that I know anything about CK components but I know they're expensive. Leaves me wondering why someone would pop a couple of hundred dollar headset into an old DH Rig?
Probably been there since new. CK headsets and BBS are good stuff. You can ask @Oddjob abput the hubs though...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

Check the compression ring to see if it has a split. Mr King refused to pay Cane Creek royalties to use their split compression ring idea and a lot of the earlier CK headsets were prone at going loose. Eventually something happened and CK's got the split compression.

The only 2 I ever had were the solid ring headsets. These days I just stick with CC 40 or 70.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Proved the theory that the best way to not need a multi tool is to take one - the one of the very very rare times I went out without one, I need one. Obviously…

But full points to Hobart council or whoever has a full tool and workstation on the main route into town. 10 bloody points! I was limping a loose rear mech bolt and heading for a bike shop.

0F7EEEFC-87D0-4DF5-A21D-294680CC015E.jpeg

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Proved the theory that the best way to not need a multi tool is to take one - the one of the very very rare times I went out without one, I need one. Obviously…

But full points to Hobart council or whoever has a full tool and workstation on the main route into town. 10 bloody points! I was limping a loose rear mech bolt and heading for a bike shop.

View attachment 397702
Hobart council.

nathanm

Eats Squid

Dont get too used to it, they get cut off and stolen regularly because you know, Hobart.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Dont get too used to it, they get cut off and stolen regularly because you know, Hobart.
They look pretty sturdy and on a thick wire rope. You'd have to put serious effort into breaking them...

Got a tow on the way back by a bloke on a one wheel :)