What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
They look pretty sturdy and on a thick wire rope. You'd have to put serious effort into breaking them...

Got a tow on the way back by a bloke on a one wheel :)
The M7 has one of these at the bubbler which is i nthe middle.
I will also be surprised if it survives the feral bogans of Western Sydney and would be testament to a fine product if it actually lasts.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it (and remembered both wheels!).
Remembered how much fun hardtails are on single track. Also remembered how much my knee can't handle hardtails on single track . Luckily there's a long weekend for recovery.

Discovered that my brakes may need a bleed after going to grab the front one and it going to the bar without doing much! Did make for a good time on the downs though
20230311_105605.jpg

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Rode it. Top of Pottery Road to Slides, up the other side, across to crosscut and up to stump side and pitfall. And the new rocky whelin is the least green green I’ve come across! Met some locals.

Back the way I came, down lower luge and to Preachers for an IPA and a come get me phone call…
A6910F92-356C-45C0-99FB-1B8916F2E084.jpeg

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
After fitting the new wheels, tyres, rotors and pads last night I had an explore around some pines this arvo. Found some fun, steep (steeper than I'm used to), loose trails.

Loving the silence of the Onyx! Two more pieces of the puzzle to come and the Katipo is done for a while! (Still have the coil front end on my mind though... Anyone looking too offload a cheap Smashpot for a Zeb?? :p )

IMG_20230311_125548_copy_1183x1577.jpg
IMG_20230311_125025_copy_1198x1598.jpg
IMG_20230311_125317_copy_1187x1584.jpg

Haakon

I ride I know well. My friend commented that Rocky Wheelin' should be a blue. Freewheel'n; so smooth you could do it on a BMX bike.
Rocky had lots of sticky mud and some tighter switchbacks than i was expecting!

Upper luge bloody good, lower luge very “original”!
But overall, again very impressed with how good the trails are out there! Now to actually spend more time on them…

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Took the missus ebike out yesterday, the bike hasn't even 500km on the clock since 2017. It also rode like shit.

Today, setup the sag/compression/rebound, swapped the seat for a Ergon SM, pulled the 720mm bars and fitted some 800's, fitted ergon GE1's and strapped a water bottle holder on.

22km ride and it was like a different bike, rehab going great with turbo all the way.

20230311_170152.jpg

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the missus ebike out yesterday, the bike hasn't even 500km on the clock since 2017. It also rode like shit.

Today, setup the sag/compression/rebound, swapped the seat for a Ergon SM, pulled the 720mm bars and fitted some 800's, fitted ergon GE1's and strapped a water bottle holder on.

22km ride and it was like a different bike, rehab going great with turbo all the way.

View attachment 397742
Sounds like you can cancel the order for the new bike!!!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Me and a selection of mates got out to the You Yangs today for the shuttle day.

It's such a good day out with the weather, trails and atmosphere all contributing. Amazingly, no injuries or broken bike bits too!

The Highlander was stellar on everything - two years in and it's still putting a huge smile on my face.

Also opted for some Galfer rotors and pads. They make a decent difference over the stock XT rotors at the same size. A touch more noisy though.

Attachments

Last edited:

Haakon

Got a shuttle to the top of Strickland Ave. Up over Fingerpost track to the start of rocky wheelin, up the road to the springs, down the top bit of North South to the link trail to free wheelin. Back down to upper luge and across to the slides and back home via pottery road.

Took the Orange this time, much more suitable for those descents!!!
F0DE188B-EA3D-4B6A-8A40-765E50BF6ADE.jpeg
And

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I might have washed down my shed floor with sweat, but I finished 99.9% of the assembly:
1EFDF998-DB83-42BD-BA58-D794743A61F8.jpeg

Backyard roll hints the 550lb rear spring might not quite be firm enough*, but need some trail time to be sure. Just need some crank spacers and we can take it out for playtime. Feels surprisingly light and playful given how hefty the build is.

*Probably not a good idea to assess this when I rode my gravel-Highball this morning. :p

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Had a great long weekend of chill riding.

Saturday: Family ride on the cargo bike to our favourite bakery. They have reopened after a fire destroyed everything about a year and a half ago.

Sunday: Family MTB ride at Black Hill. The eldest rode his "new" bike and had a good crack at a few of the features. The youngest went on Mr Canary's bike and egged him on to do the fun stuff.

My front brake was contaminated and squawking like crazy. So I checked for leaks (none), changed the pads, cleaned the rotor and bedded in the brake.

Monday: solo MTB ride to test that the front brake was still ok. It was. I had the trails to myself which was ace.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I might have washed down my shed floor with sweat, but I finished 99.9% of the assembly:
View attachment 397818

Backyard roll hints the 550lb rear spring might not quite be firm enough*, but need some trail time to be sure. Just need some crank spacers and we can take it out for playtime. Feels surprisingly light and playful given how hefty the build is.

*Probably not a good idea to assess this when I rode my gravel-Highball this morning. :p

So much matchymatchy...who even does that with their bikes? At least get some ti on there.