All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Free shipping on these. Well for 1 pair
I ordered 1 pair, 1 pair, 1 pair, 1 pair.. then found a 4 pack. Ended up with about a ten to a dozen pairs.

Then they all disappeared off Ali in one go. Must have been some crackdown on the brand.

I've been keeping an eye as I wear them all the time apart from working.
Only appeared again about a week ago.

Once you order 5 prs, the shipping max's out at $5.

I'll let yous know if they are the same as the last batch.

ozzybmx

While we're on the topic, has anybody come across riding socks for people with big feet?

I have a couple of pairs of Fox cotton ones that are too tight in XL. Maybe the merino ones are better.

Best fitting pair I have oddly some freebies that came with a Torpedo 7 order years ago.
Sock Guy does great socks, but $$.

The Ali ones are all a generic size, fits well at 43.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
While we're on the topic, has anybody come across riding socks for people with big feet?

I have a couple of pairs of Fox cotton ones that are too tight in XL. Maybe the merino ones are better.

Best fitting pair I have oddly some freebies that came with a Torpedo 7 order years ago.
Possibly these. They are now my favorite MTB sock cool in summer considering there not a thin sock. See how they go in winter.At the moment there on sale cheaper than Ali with free shipping.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

I'd agree with this, some of my longest lasting pairs were Sock Guy socks, bought on sale from Wiggle.
Still have a pair from 2011 which is going strong!
Got a pair with a Wombat 100 entry about 10yrs ago and those still getting the occasional ride.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not Aliexpress per se, but couple of amazon off brand accessories I've purchased have been spot on.

$16 Tire plug repair kit thing that achieved the aim of plugging holes in tires and comes with heaps of bacon plug strips - https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0BFGVCVBW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

$12 Garmin stem cap mount that does the required job of holding your headset tight/together and mounting a garmin - https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0B924JTL7?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Both delivered within a day with amazon prime.

ozzybmx

$16 Tire plug repair kit thing that achieved the aim of plugging holes in tires and comes with heaps of bacon plug strips -
$5 from Ali, we must have 10 of them kicking around here between the 3 of us. They work really well and a nice black ano CNC finish to the o-ring sealed tube container.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
$5 from Ali, we must have 10 of them kicking around here between the 3 of us. They work really well and a nice black ano CNC finish to the o-ring sealed tube container.

After having 3 of the plugs included with these blow out on one ride, and then also another Lezyne plug a week later, I got shitty and ordered a Stans Dart instead. Mucho mejor. Bien.

Would recommend.

ozzybmx

After having 3 of the plugs included with these blow out on one ride, and then also another Lezyne plug a week later, I got shitty and ordered a Stans Dart instead. Mucho mejor. Bien.

Would recommend.
I've tried Dyna plugs and still got a kit, also Stans darted my tyre in Tassie, 2 days later it spat the dart out.

The darts are great for bigger holes but the smaller punctures that just leak and sealant doesn't fix I've found the bacon strips really good.

Also worked out quickly that you dont issue your kids expensive plug kits for them to come home without them... or fly around sticking expensive plugs in random mates tyres.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've tried Dyna plugs and still got a kit, also Stans darted my tyre in Tassie, 2 days later it spat the dart out.

The darts are great for bigger holes but the smaller punctures that just leak and sealant doesn't fix I've found the bacon strips really good.
I've had mixed results with Dyna plugs. In some cases they've held for months, others it's just slow leaked continuously. Nothing's perfect I guess. Nowadays the plug only has to last the ride or weekend - once I get a chance I patch the hole from the inside using a bit of cutout sidewall & (knockoff) Loctite 480 adhesive. So far has worked extremely well as a permanent fix.
Also worked out quickly that you dont issue your kids expensive plug kits for them to come home without them... or fly around sticking expensive plugs in random mates tyres.
Hah - yeah that's fair :p

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Built up & looking pretty, yet to see if they remain that way after hitting some rock gardens...

Laced to older style 350 hubs (with 54t ratchet) with Pillar TB2018 triple-butted spokes & brass nipples. Spoke threads treated with Wheel Fanatyk Fix so should stay nice and true + be easy to work on if needed. Fairly even tension all around to ~120kgf on the tighter side.

Not light for a carbon wheelset, comes to around 2020g total without valves/tape.

333585271_150255424548385_4509067366348133373_n.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Built up & looking pretty, yet to see if they remain that way after hitting some rock gardens...

Laced to older style 350 hubs (with 54t ratchet) with Pillar TB2018 triple-butted spokes & brass nipples. Spoke threads treated with Wheel Fanatyk Fix so should stay nice and true + be easy to work on if needed. Fairly even tension all around to ~120kgf on the tighter side.

Not light for a carbon wheelset, comes to around 2020g total without valves/tape.

View attachment 397444
Jesus, if you break them you'll have been getting after it! o_O