All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Is he likely to be riding trails?
Not at all. Pretty much just wants the plushness from a fork. a simple XCT would work, but they are really really heavy and rust like mad.

Otherwise might a cheap rigid fork be a better option?
The kinesis fork linked above is the plan b. If not then I'll use that for a beater bike.

Save potential pain and get these Markhor for a bit more. Mr Calvin27 senior will be happier for longer
That is defo on the considerations. At that point though it's hardly a budget beater bike anymore. The frame is a bit patchy to get a nice fork like that, might as well start from scratch and that means the existing frame still needs a cheap fork and I'm not dog enough to let some innocent facebook buyer test it out for us lol!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Two of the DH rims have been bought. Pretty exxy for Ali rims at $740 for two total, hopefully they end up proving to be bombproof - they better be at 600g ea.
Did you look at the Nextie DH rims ? Would have been close on price and lifetime warranty.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you look at the Nextie DH rims ? Would have been close on price and lifetime warranty.
I did, was going to be a couple of hundred more - I was very close to just going that route, but curiosity killed the cat and all. GST + shipping upped the price by $140.

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid
Last edited:

PJO

in me vL comy
I don't mind being wrong.

The fact is the new one is cast alu, the old one is CNC alu, the old one is still for sale and is more expensive than the new one.

The old CNC one is very similar to the Wolftooth and feels awesome. The new one looks like a cheap KS.

Just my opinion though.

View attachment 396680
Looks like the new one also doesn't have a cable pinch bolt, the cable nubbin is threaded through the lever, so won't work with some droppers.
I was going to buy one yesterday but bought the old version because of this.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Looks like the new one also doesn't have a cable pinch bolt, the cable nubbin is threaded through the lever, so won't work with some droppers.
I was going to buy one yesterday but bought the old version because of this.
Looks like you’re right. Also, oddly, the new one isn’t sold in the official ZTTO store…weird

Reactions: PJO

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I've ordered a digital shock pump from our chinese overlords, will report on the wality
Which one did you purchase? Looked a while ago and ended buying off cycling deal as was within a few dollars of Ali.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Which one did you purchase? Looked a while ago and ended buying off cycling deal as was within a few dollars of Ali.

Same one, but $30. I'll post the link if it's any good, should arrive in early 2024

bigdamo

Likes Dirt

jrewing

Eats Squid
Mine arrived today which was odd, they must have a local warehouse.
Mine is a POS and cannot be disconnected without purging 50psi from the shock through leakage at the valve
ive got that valve type on a magura shock pump. Works well on that one.