What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
For those interested. Intend in Germany sent me a replacement fork as the Edge started creaking pretty badly. They sent a Flash with a guarantee that it won't creak. The second pic shows how much more meat is left around the steerer (which is also pretty heavy duty too) so fingers crossed this is enough to remain silent. I went with a 20mm axle this time as I found out that the hub just needed an end cap change to accommodate.
View attachment 389501View attachment 389502
Very chunky. So do you get to keep both forks or have to send one back?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Decided to go for a look on some less well known trails that generally hold up well in the rain. Great to get out, feels like it has been too long between rides even though in reality it's only been 5 days!
View attachment 389500
Assegai maxx grip front with a T9 Butcher on the back was a great combination today. The Butcher on the rear is better than the Eliminator that was on it pretty much everywhere as far as I can tell. So much more braking power!
Whiterick?

moorey

call me Mia
Got heckled by @Mattyp at the Youies AM race, even though I didn’t know it.
One of the toughest weekends I can remember, which seems silly being shuttled, but 12 timed runs (only had to do 6…and I did one ride up) with the hammer down, one being 7:30 minutes for me, and a tough, long pedal.
I won the participation prize, of most runs for the day (and was really chuffed with P23 in open class. No age categories other than u15).
Felix struggled with a cold, but still 3rd overall, Quinn smashed u15.
Killer weekend by the You Yangs club.
Literally.
I’m dead.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
20220515_175408.jpg

Went out to Maryvale Pines to check out the trails there.

Holy freaking crap it was stupid fun. Fast super tacky dirt, great jumps, great berms, great everything. Plus no massive slog climbs to get back to the fun again. Strong North Shore vibe (I'm guessing) too with wood rollers everywhere. Can and will recommend.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Not today but yesterday I headed out to Silvan and found the trails were SLICK. It was a bit like someone spread particularly oily peanut butter over a sheet of glass. DH track was the worst. Igor actually held up pretty well. JJ’s was slick in spots.

I brought home a loam-shelf full of mud

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
View attachment 389505

Holy freaking crap it was stupid fun. Fast super tacky dirt, great jumps, great berms, great everything. Plus no massive slog climbs to get back to the fun again. Strong North Shore vibe (I'm guessing) too with wood rollers everywhere. Can and will recommend.
Hey! I was out there today with the young fella. Indeed, tracks are running super good at the moment.

yuley95

View attachment 389505

looks sweet. Never been out that way. Did you do a day trip or spend the weekend?

Flow-Rider

Burner
The Edge is being returned once they sort out a few things with customs. Nice shed ornament for now.

No.
Haven't ridden Whiterock. Is it worth heading there?
I haven't been there since they turned one of the best trails there into a walking trail, but definitely some really raw trails out there that also get churned up by moto riders. The trails that are left there are really far apart from each other and AFAIK nobody is doing any maintenance out there, the trails were fairly overgrown last time I was there about a year ago.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not today but yesterday I headed out to Silvan and found the trails were SLICK. It was a bit like someone spread particularly oily peanut butter over a sheet of glass. DH track was the worst. Igor actually held up pretty well. JJ’s was slick in spots.

I brought home a loam-shelf full of mud

View attachment 389507
I avoided it for that very reason lol.
Went down to the nice sandy trails of Red hill and found it absolutely perfect. But had a massive pedal strike on a root resulting in my biggest stack for a long while. Little bit tender all over at the moment haha, did the full rag roll. Bike is ok though.

Last edited:

yuley95

I avoided it for that very reason lol.
Went down to the nice sandy trails of Red hill and found it absolutely perfect. But had a massive pedal strike on a root resulting in my biggest stack for a long while. Little bit tender all over at the moment haha, did the full rag roll. Bike is ok though.

Conditions look mint out there. Nice work landing on you feet after that crash!

As far as crashing at Eatons goes, you chose a good spot at least. I’ve seen some carnage out there.

Will have to try and line up a ride some time. I’m often out that way

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
looks sweet. Never been out that way. Did you do a day trip or spend the weekend?
Yeah first time for me - not the last word in hardcore tech, but a great place to take kids or introduce someone to mtb without being boring for more experienced riders. Was just under 2 hours from there to home (inner suburbs Melb), which is about on the limit of driving I'd want to do for a day trip.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Rode past the cookers this morning. They are regularly gathering at The National Rock Garden, and walking onto Barrenjoey Peninsula. We are assuming that they are walking to the closest point they can find to the Governer General's place, as apparently the road that leads inot GG's is now closed to cookers, and maybe everybody else. We had a yell at them last week, and they had a yell back.

We were going to just ride past today, but these two clowns stopped in the middle of the cycle path to fuck around with something or other they were carrying, hit the bell a few times and they just stood there, so about 20m out I yelled in my best booming voice "get off the path ya fucken dickheads", wife yelled "get a job". Fucking cookers.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Rode past the cookers this morning. They are regularly gathering at The National Rock Garden, and walking onto Barrenjoey Peninsula. We are assuming that they are walking to the closest point they can find to the Governer General's place, as apparently the road that leads inot GG's is now closed to cookers, and maybe everybody else. We had a yell at them last week, and they had a yell back.

We were going to just ride past today, but these two clowns stopped in the middle of the cycle path to fuck around with something or other they were carrying, hit the bell a few times and they just stood there, so about 20m out I yelled in my best booming voice "get off the path ya fucken dickheads", wife yelled "get a job". Fucking cookers.
Excuse my ignorance, but who are the cookers? The local sportsball team? A loose collaboration of Jamie Oliver fanatics? Meth heads?

And why do they want to hang out with GG?